? what is your Deer Rifle?

For about 28 years now I have been using an old Ruger 77 in .338WM with an old Weaver 4 power scope. Last year I picked up a Weatherby Vanguard in 257WM and have become quite smitten with it, only two problems with it that I can find-Cost of ammo (I simply must get back into reloading) and I can not find a scope that I like for it.I have tried a Leupold VX-1, 3-9 and a VX-2, 4-12. So now what to try next :rolleyes:. After another scope or two I guess another rifle will be in order. Wow I kinda like where this is going.:D

Model-70 Win, 270WSM with 140gr Accubonds- Mid/extended/any range
Model-70 Win, 300 wby with 180gr Accubonds- Long range/any range
Model-70 Win 30-06 with 165gr Accubonds, or Partitions- for old time sake, and for fun at most short/mid ranges.
Now a days I leave the 338 at home for deer season. I have too many other choices that suit my personal deer hunting style a bit better. But she comes along for elk season.
Am currently working on compiling data to start working up a load for 180TTSX for the 300wby. I love the Accubonds, but think I may be able to increase my velocity with the TTSX over the NAB. well see soon. Maybe Ill get lucky and they'll both shoot well, who knows:D

i have shot every pa whitetail buck, a south carolina buck as well as a pa black bear with my 700 classic in 6.5x55 swede. love the gun!:D

depends on where i hunt. i use a .444 marlin,,375 win ruger #3, ,338 win ruger m-77, 30-06 m-77,winchester m-100 .308, ruger#1 7x57,but the newest is a wby in .257wby.

I have more choices from .17-.458 than anyone should be allowed. however the one I grab most is my Rem. 700 custom 7mm STW the long shots 400+ are like an extension of thought with the Shepard P1E scope and the GS Custom bullets,game is always DRT..........

I have shot a few over the years and found my love for the 257WBY MAG. This is the deer slayer. I use the Trijicon 5X20X50 yellow mil dot. This was ROY favorite cal because of its flat trejectre and knock down power. The 257 has surprising knock down powergun)Bill Maylor..

I turned my Rem700 30.06 into a 280AI, Accurized it, added a HS Presision thumbhole stock and really, really like it. gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.