What is the most hated deer rifle you owned ?

Ruger Model 77 Ultralight in 270 Winchester. I bought it for my wife to hunt with. It was a beautiful little rifle but kicked like seven mules. I took it to the range to sight it in, put about five rounds down the tube and headed straight back to the gun store i bought it from to trade it in. If she would have ever shot it she would have given up hunting right there.

Wow I read a lot of these posts and some of the rifles i actually really like. Out of all the rifles i have shot or owned I never really liked to shoot a Marlin 336 in 32 Special. My dad bought it for my mom in 1954. Darn thing is really rough on the shoulder. I put Wilson Peep sights on for Hog hunting, but never did use it.

Attachments

• Marlin 336 32 Special.JPG
    Marlin 336 32 Special.JPG
    249.3 KB · Views: 10
2 actually for me Winchester Model 98 30-30 lever action might as well have been throwing marbles at the deer and a Model 70 Win XTR 30-06 that rifle was just mean, 4 shots and I was crippled for at least a week, it is now a fast twist 220 Swift and is one of favorites.

I had a spell of dislike with my M77 243.
My dad used to tell me it was fine because it was an under 300yard big game rifle and not to worry about it. It was a 1.5-2" rifle and even as a 12 yo I wanted better.
I had Douglas Barrels swap the barrel out and it became a real shooter.

I didnt' own this one, but i did my wife's grandfather a favor and used the '06 he build post WWII. He wanted it back in action.
It was the most awful rifle I've ever held, or shot. I almost developed a flinch shooting factory 150s with it
If it was a Winchester those things are brutal in 30-06, son of buck will hurt you.

Kimber Light Classic Sporter in 270WSM. While very nice looking rifle that was very well finished, felt recoil was atrocious, the action was very rough/notchy, and it was quite difficult me to shoot accurately due to the muzzle jump of its pencil-thin barrel. It was replaced by a Winchester Model 70 Supergrade sporter weight rifle in the same caliber which was a joy to shoot.
I got the same one you replaced it with, it may be my favorite all around, it just turns the switch off on contact

Ruger Model 77 Ultralight in 270 Winchester. I bought it for my wife to hunt with. It was a beautiful little rifle but kicked like seven mules. I took it to the range to sight it in, put about five rounds down the tube and headed straight back to the gun store i bought it from to trade it in. If she would have ever shot it she would have given up hunting right there.
Something about.270 and ultralight that just doesn't go together.

Oh man, I once bought a Remington 742 Woodsmaster in .30-06. It was an absolute disaster! The rifle had constant feeding issues, failed to eject spent casings, and was about as accurate as a slingshot. I spent more time fiddling with it than actually hunting. I ended up selling it for a loss just to get rid of it. Never again, Remington 742, never again.