What songs go through your head while deer hunting?

Waiting on a Friend is a great Stones tune among the many.
Last year's elk hunt was Van Morrison's Into the Mystic, particularly as I age and a hard elk hunt ages you a bit.
I recall one year was Pat Metheny's album First Circle.
great question. cheers

It various while "hunting" but I always listen to CCR after I shoot something. No idea why, but I like it so ima keep doing it.

It various while "hunting" but I always listen to CCR after I shoot something. No idea why, but I like it so ima keep doing it.
"I can remember the 4th of July, runnin' through backwoods bare....I can still hear that old hound dog howlin' Chasing down a who do theah..."

Great replies. My huntin buddy cut his teeth hunting in the swamps of western N.Y., south of Buffalo back in the 70's. He says he'd sing Glen Cambell's Rhinestone Cowboy and The Wreck of The Edmund Fitzgerald while trudging waist deep in snow to his stand!

To be honest, when we are deer hunting, it is tradition/superstition for the past 20+ years to listen to Chris LeDoux. Back 20+ years ago, we were not seeing anything. We would pop in a Chris LeDoux tape, and no joke, within 10 minutes, we would start seeing deer. So now, it stays in the CD player in the background the entire hunt when we are driving. The deer must love that old cowboy, and I am sure he is smiling down on us listening to him for 10 days straight.

Just silence, good ol plain silence. And then there's this darn song from out of nowhere that just keeps playing over and over in my head, and usually a song I dont even like. When I notice it then I'll change to a good country song and problem solved until silence returns once more.

Dang guys! I think all of these have went through my head at one time or another. Since I grew up hunting in Western Wa, "Welcome to the Jungle" was fitting when it came out, but often times, Roy Orbison's "I drove all night" strikes a chord with me for some reason. What a random topic that I never thought I'd see or reply on! Nice

I guess everyone is different but hunting is my mental down time. I listen to nature , watch birds and just enjoy being there If I cant get work and everything else out I don't enjoy the hunt as intended

I guess everyone is different but hunting is my mental down time. I listen to nature , watch birds and just enjoy being there If I cant get work and everything else out I don't enjoy the hunt as intended
I have to agree- The mental break from the rest of things we must do and the silence that comes with it is honestly my #1 pick/hit!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.