What is your best deer rifle

This will be the first thing I ever posted and let me just say I really enjoy reading every ones comments.

I have been hunting whitetail deer for nearly 50 years and have shot them with everything from a 22-250 to an 8MM mag. but my two favorite deer rifles have been-No. 1] a custom built Ruger 77 tang safety in 250-3000 Ackley Improved with 100gr. PSP ammo rifle has a Leupold 2-7 (I used this for about 10 years until my son took it away from me. No. 2] a Remington 700 CDL Mountain Rifle in 7MM-08 with 140gr. PSP ammo. Rifle has a Leupold 2.5-8 . Its not a rifle but I have also taken 11 deer with a .41 magnum Ruger Blackhawk.

Also, I load all my own ammo for all the weapons, that part is important to me and I have enjoyed teaching my sons how to do it.

Sorry so long winded.

Some may laugh,but right now my goto deer rifle is my 1982 Rem M788 in 308 with a Tasco 3x9 w/illuminated reticle.My furthest shot has only been 325 yds which is the max where I hunt.Once Ol' Betsy is swung into position it is lights out whatever is in its sights.

Aero-Precision AR-10 chambered in .308 with a Vortex Viper HST 4x16-44mm and offset MagPul MBus Pro iron sights. Here in SW VA the coyotes are a threat along with the random bear. This will reach out and touch the deer but the irons are handy in brush and when they sneak up on you during your nap. I know this isn't your grandpas gun, but I built it with deer, bear, groundhog, and towelhead in mind. Plus the mags are interchangeable with my Ruger Precision. lightbulb

Gee all the rifles I have have done a great job though the Ruger M77 in 30-06 has killed the most deer I'm trying out the M70 35 Whelen Ackely Improved and it killed a nice meat doe this year with very little meat damage so it will be seeing more use in the future.

My 760 06 carbine is my tracking rifle carries well with most shots less than 100' in very thick cover I love the thing. This year first shot 30' second was 4'. Frontal chest shot jellied the lungs opened the gut and smashed the femur with the first he took off hit him with the second shot in the neck to pile him up next to me.
Stand or bare ground 270 vanguard or M70 lightweight also in 270. I seem to shoot more coyotes than deer with these 2 but that's fine by me. The newest rifle is the vanguard from 98. All the new rifles are kids and wife's stuff. I just develop the loads usually with the youngest.

Shot most of my deer with an M77 30'06, great caliber and gun. Shot a couple with an old Mauser in .270 with 130 grain bullets pretty explosive but got the job done. Recently got a Howa, 6.5x55 Swede. Love the 6.5, killed 4 deer and an elk with it now. Been thinking about using Gramps old .270 again next year and trying to set it up for a little longer range, what do you guys think of 150 grainers out of the .270 for 500-600 yd shooting on deer?

Shot most of my deer with an M77 30'06, great caliber and gun. Shot a couple with an old Mauser in .270 with 130 grain bullets pretty explosive but got the job done. Recently got a Howa, 6.5x55 Swede. Love the 6.5, killed 4 deer and an elk with it now. Been thinking about using Gramps old .270 again next year and trying to set it up for a little longer range, what do you guys think of 150 grainers out of the .270 for 500-600 yd shooting on deer?
The 140 accubond with 61.3 of RL26, 215 win case and seated long 3.45 or 3.5 I don't have my notes hit 3170fps. This was just from my ladder test I did before deer season ended. This is more than enough pop for deer at your designated distance. The new eldx145 .536 and classic berger140.528 have better bc's than the current 150 crop of bullets. At that velocity any of the 3 have enough energy for elk at you intended range

Having killed deer with somewhere around 15 different calibers I'd have to say my all time favorite is my 700 BDL in 25'06 that I bought new in 96. It wears a 4-16 U.S. built Burris signature. I shoot a 100 grain partition over 53.0 grains of IMR 4350 getting 3300 fps. I load a 100 grain ballistic tip for my nephew in 25'06 also. Most deer shot are DRT.