Warthogs in Texas

If they did import anteaters, think about the different stories about criptids, Inc. Bigfoot. Can't you just imagine some of the tales. I believe that great anteater can stand up and are about 6 feet tall, I don't know if that includes the nose.

Bifen = dead fire ants

Here's a tip for cleaning a skull if you want to make a European mount. Find a big fire ant mound, place skull on top, cover with bucket or barrel so the buzzards/predators don't get to it. Come back in 48 hrs.

Bifen = dead fire ants

Here's a tip for cleaning a skull if you want to make a European mount. Find a big fire ant mound, place skull on top, cover with bucket or barrel so the buzzards/predators don't get to it. Come back in 48 hrs.
This works! Have seen this with my own eyes with feral hogs even without a bucket.......

Bifen = dead fire ants

A Bifen is a great insecticide that lasts for months. I use it inside and outside my house. You just have to take precautions just like any poison.

B. Fire ants are great way to strip the flesh of any bone.

A Bifen is a great insecticide that lasts for months. I use it inside and outside my house. You just have to take precautions just like any poison.

B. Fire ants are great way to strip the flesh of any bone.
LOL and that is not all!! Have watched them in a big field and a hog Just happened to give it up after being shot 5 feet from a 1 foot tall fire ant mound! Went down the next week and it was almost clean from all the buzzards, other hogs and coyotes. The fire ants had a trail back to the mound where ants were taking individual hairs from what was left of the carcass. The next week it looked like the skull had been there for 6 months it was almost clean.

Ha I would have loved seeing some warthogs run around Texas. They would do great down there and into Mexico.

They were discovered in the Chaparral WMA back in 2015. No one knows how they got there. My understanding is that they can't breed with the other wild hogs in Texas which is why I assume they are not overrun with them.

They came from Jack Brittinghams ranch which is next door from the chap.

I was down there a few years ago on a management hunt and a 180 pound sow warthog was killed. They've tried to kill every one on site but still have a few running around. The brush is so thick making it very tough to eradicate them.

There's also a band of wild monkeys not far from there.

They came from Jack Brittinghams ranch which is next door from the chap.

I was down there a few years ago on a management hunt and a 180 pound sow warthog was killed. They've tried to kill every one on site but still have a few running around. The brush is so thick making it very tough to eradicate them.

There's also a band of wild monkeys not far from there.
The not breeding with the feral hogs is a good thing! Cannot imagine the horrid beast that would be created and the damage to my land they would cause!