Pigs in Texas

Write up was from Texas Farm Bureau. Any one with an applicators license and a "special" feed can start poisoning as it becomes available. Kaput is the maker. Sid is bound and determined to poison pigs! Warfarin is not the simply "go to sleep poison" that they claim. Some pigs die slowly and loudly over a day to sometimes a week! Special feeder and low dosage is said to limit the collateral damage! Rats are now warfarin resistant now! How long will it take the pigs to wise up! After the 1080 disaster you would think they would learn on poison!
Yep! I agree. I know hogs are a problem but poison has too many possible problems. I think a sterilization drug is what they should work on.

I'm curious if fish and wildlife (feds) would jump in. Even though TX is mostly private land. Protected species would be threatened by the poison.

I'd assume that the state and federal wildlife agencies all have to sign off on it. Pigs don't see state boundaries. I'm all for using poison but only if there is almost a 0% chance of the poisoned hog affecting any and all other species. I don't think the warfarin is at that point.