Texas Pigs

Shrapnel

I have wanted to shoot a pig in Texas, but you need two things to do that; get to Texas and find a pig. I like shooting old guns and took my Winchester 50-100-450 on my trip south this winter. My brother winters in Texas and found a place we could shoot a pig. We were in a stand at just under 200 yards from cover and had a pig come out and root around at 155 yards. Thankfully he came in when it was still daylight so I could shoot him with the old 50-100-450…

IMG_3949.jpeg

I have wanted to shoot a pig in Texas, but you need two things to do that; get to Texas and find a pig. I like shooting old guns and took my Winchester 50-100-450 on my trip south this winter. My brother winters in Texas and found a place we could shoot a pig. We were in a stand at just under 200 yards from cover and had a pig come out and root around at 155 yards. Thankfully he came in when it was still daylight so I could shoot him with the old 50-100-450…

View attachment 549216
That rifle is impressive! She is a beaut! I love using a peep sight instead of the v notch. Nice job!

View attachment 549216
Beautiful firearm with the wood and especially like the transition from Octagonal barrel to round.