Pigs in Texas

long450

I went to my lease this last week and managed to shoot 8 of them. All were under 150 yards. Shot with AR platforms - 6AR Turbo, 90 grain ELDX, 2900 fps and 6.5 Creedmoor with 140 Nosler Partition, 2700 fps. One at night (11 pm) with Pulsar thermal. The two largest were pushing 200 lbs.

Attachments

• IMG_0268pigfeb2023.jpg
    IMG_0268pigfeb2023.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0270pigmar2023.jpg
    IMG_0270pigmar2023.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
They usually come and go on my property. Due to all the rain we've had the past few months, they have been here quite a bit rooting around. I hope to keep the sounders around for a bit. My daughter is graduating in a month and our families are coming. Hoping there will be a target rich environment for them.

Jayson

My son killed a couple boars last month down there on a sheep hunt. Took a 210 Berger from a 300 win mag like a champ. Insanely tough critters.

Write up was from Texas Farm Bureau. Any one with an applicators license and a "special" feed can start poisoning as it becomes available. Kaput is the maker. Sid is bound and determined to poison pigs! Warfarin is not the simply "go to sleep poison" that they claim. Some pigs die slowly and loudly over a day to sometimes a week! Special feeder and low dosage is said to limit the collateral damage! Rats are now warfarin resistant now! How long will it take the pigs to wise up! After the 1080 disaster you would think they would learn on poison!