Two elk down yesterday.

Remember when they could teach an 18 year old kid to shoot a rifle and to hit a man sized silhouette at 300 yards with iron sights? Kinda think they still do that so, 400yds on an Elk with a scope, yep Good hunt Men.

Last edited:
my portfolio says it all. đź‘Ť

The guide in Colorado said minimum shots would be 300 yards , many went home empty handed because they couldn't make the shots required, ballistics calculators are a wonderful thing.
What does your 'prestigious urban swat portfolio' have to do with LR hunting in the forest, mountains and plains? The only thing I take out of it, is you're awful puffed up with yourself.....

So now you're going from the vaunted 400 yard zero's to the use of ballistic calculators? Lethal combo, fer sure........ Do they even have scopes that dial the difference between the 400 yard zero and whatever the trusted 'ballistic calculator' has to say?

chester, the ones that had to be sent home never had that magic open-sight silhouette training it appears......

As with many other subjects on this forum over the years I put my 2 cents in with a couple of comments. If a individual makes 6 or more comments on a subject and doesn't contribute anything substantial maybe that person should have kept scrolling down and not commented. A person is never going to impress anyone or change another ones thoughts by insulting or brow beating someone else. Perhaps they do not contribute anything positive because they are just trying to make up for their own lack of knowledge and or inexperience. This is just my opinion.

As with many other subjects on this forum over the years I put my 2 cents in with a couple of comments. If a individual makes 6 or more comments on a subject and doesn't contribute anything substantial maybe that person should have kept scrolling down and not commented. A person is never going to impress anyone or change another ones thoughts by insulting or brow beating someone else. Perhaps they do not contribute anything positive because they are just trying to make up for their own lack of knowledge and or inexperience. This is just my opinion.
My wife a clinical psychologist major said exactly what you said, textbook , are you in that field, good answer. Can't always abide by it as I get tired of punks always trying to get in the last word. đź‘Ť

Have the local swat guys gone to 6.5 CM there like ours have?
Criminals probably gave that a đź‘Ť.
The chief stays with 308, suppressed, average sniper shot believe it or not is 37 yards.
Nevertheless it's a tough program been there done that, it's a 20's to 30's game anymore as the state mandates are extremely rigorous.
However you never forget what you've learned.

My two friends dropped two yesterday Colorado mountains, two weeks ago we sighted their rifles in , one a 30-06, and one 270 both were sighted in at 400 yards, both,they can shoot and it paid off one bull was shot at 350, the one on its side bullet entered where stick was placed marking the spot, drt, the other at just 400 across a canyon, that bull made it 50 yards wobbling and went down.I spotted for them on the 400 yard sight in.Next year I may hit it with them.The one bull was taken with the 270 shown, the other the 06 the 06 severed the bulls neck and he never moved dropped in tracks.
Congratulations to both hunters.