Two elk down yesterday.

ohlongarmisle

My two friends dropped two yesterday Colorado mountains, two weeks ago we sighted their rifles in , one a 30-06, and one 270 both were sighted in at 400 yards, both,they can shoot and it paid off one bull was shot at 350, the one on its side bullet entered where stick was placed marking the spot, drt, the other at just 400 across a canyon, that bull made it 50 yards wobbling and went down.I spotted for them on the 400 yard sight in.Next year I may hit it with them.The one bull was taken with the 270 shown, the other the 06 the 06 severed the bulls neck and he never moved dropped in tracks.

Attachments

• ed.jpeg
    ed.jpeg
    58.9 KB · Views: 549
  • ed1.jpeg
    ed1.jpeg
    171.8 KB · Views: 547
You know how to make a guy jealous. :) Congratulations on both.
I'm jealous cause I wasn't with them ,but at least their rifles were dead on that I helped sight in.These guys father son,Amish,are millionaires they do this three times a year, elk,mulies,pronghorn,moose and bear.Son does not follow the Amish faith anymore and drives.

Last edited:
My two friends dropped two yesterday Colorado mountains, two weeks ago we sighted their rifles in , one a 30-06, and one 270 both were sighted in at 400 yards, both,they can shoot and it paid off one bull was shot at 350, the one on its side bullet entered where stick was placed marking the spot, drt, the other at just 400 across a canyon, that bull made it 50 yards wobbling and went down.I spotted for them on the 400 yard sight in.Next year I may hit it with them.The one bull was taken with the 270 shown, the other the 06 the 06 severed the bulls neck and he never moved dropped in tracks.
Wait them old outdated cartridges still whoopin arsh!!!! They're both a century old and then some!!!

I'm jealous cause I wasn't with them ,but at least their rifles were dead on that I helped sight in.These guys father son,Amish,are millionaires they do this three times a year, elk,mulies,pronghorn,moose and bear.Son does not follow the Amish faith anymore and drives.
That explains the photo with him in it,