Trying the SwitchLug

I can only improve a rifle's value.
I guess the opposite. People may not want to try something new, when it is used. Unless this just becomes the next rage.

No experience with custom rifles, but often custom bikes or cars, are dear to the owners. I think with most things extras don't get you a return. Guns, cars, homes, ect.

When I do it, I do it cause I want to enjoy it.

I guess the opposite. People may not want to try something new, when it is used. Unless this just becomes the next rage.

No experience with custom rifles, but often custom bikes or cars, are dear to the owners. I think with most things extras don't get you a return. Guns, cars, homes, ect.

When I do it, I do it cause I want to enjoy it.
It will increase the valve as it makes the gun able to change caliber's and barrel brands with the use of only a torgue wrench.. So if I buy it from Joe blow on street and he has Brux barrels and some reason I don't like that brand I can get a Bartlein, Proof ETC and change it, So it makes the selling point better , Same goes for barrels built with a certain twist rate you can change barrels to suit different weight barrels.
May I ask why do you keep trying to put down on something New you seem to
Not fully understand??
As this system is light years ahead of a barrel
Nut system .

I am not commenting on whether it is a good idea or not. I am just saying, customized products can be hard to sell. Unless this takes off and becomes common, it will probably not add value, and may be hard to sell. You will have to find people who understands the product.

As for the product, in my quick reading, I woud rather do a savage style nut on a remington style barrel, to avoid using a gunsmith in the first place. But is me. I just like doing things myself. If I had a good relationship with one maybe I would feel different. Not that I have a bad relationship.

I am not commenting on whether it is a good idea or not. I am just saying, customized products can be hard to sell. Unless this takes off and becomes common, it will probably not add value, and may be hard to sell. You will have to find people who understands the product.

As for the product, in my quick reading, I woud rather do a savage style nut on a remington style barrel, to avoid using a gunsmith in the first place. But is me. I just like doing things myself. If I had a good relationship with one maybe I would feel different. Not that I have a bad relationship.
I understand where you coming from , but the Barrel nut system will decrease valve of a gun a lot faster then anything , As you have to have Table with a Vise, Barrel vise , Hammer, Nut Wrench and Go , No Go gauges for Each caliber. So by the time you add all that extra cost and and trouble in the mix is a big reason you don't see as Many Barrel
but guns being built and the ones that are are just a One caliber gun.. I too love doing stuff on my own and being able to swap caliber's in the field is a Great Choice and idea if a Switch Barrel gun is what a certain person likes..
I have 2 Barrel nut guns and it's just more trouble then it's worth to swap barrels. Seems no matter how careful you try and be with all the parts required to swap a barrel you always end up with a scratch are mess up the Cerakote .

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.