WTO switchlug

vern.284

Is anyone using this.
If so do you like it?
Would you do it again?
Is there anything you don't like?
Do you run prefits with it?

My goal like anyone else interested in this system is a quick barrel change for a 1 gun system without having o remove the action from the stock. Thanks

Is anyone using this.
If so do you like it?
Would you do it again?
Is there anything you don't like?
Do you run prefits with it?

My goal like anyone else interested in this system is a quick barrel change for a 1 gun system without having o remove the action from the stock. Thanks
I own a couple of riles with the WTO SwitchLug and really happy with the rifles. West Test Ordnance are GREAT People!!! I can change a barrel in just a few minutes.
WTO trued the action and installed the Switchlug on a Rem Model 700 with 6.5mm Creedmoor, 6mm Creedmoor & 7mm SAW barrels.
Masterpiece Arms rifle with 6mm Dasher, 6XC & 6.5Creedmoor barrels.
I didn't have to resend the action back when I had WTO chambered the 7mm SAW barrel a couple of years after they trued the action and installed the Switchlug. They had all the data on the action truing.

If so do you like it? YES
Would you do it again? YES
Is there anything you don't like? No
Do you run prefits with it? No, I had WTO chamber my barrels.

Last edited:
I also have two WTO SwitchLug rifles. WTO built both rifles and did all barrel work. I'll echo what RussellJ said, WTO folks are exceptional people. Literally no one in the world that I'd rather do business with. They do exactly what they say they'll do when they say they'll do it. I've had them build me 6 rifles to date & I've owned another that they built, but not specifically for me. I have no plans to use anyone else whatsoever for any of my rifle work moving forward.

I have a SwitchLug rifle built on a Rem 700 receiver with a Mack Bros R700 bolt. I've got 3 barrels, 6mm CM, 6.5mm CM & 7mm SAW. All three shoot 1/2 MOA consistently & are capable of less when I do my part. Barrel swaps are quick and easy. Just a few minutes.

I've also got a 6mm CM built on a Zermatt Origin with a SwitchLug that I had built for my son. We currently only have the one barrel for it & plan to add more as he grows & his hunting expands beyond TX whitetail deer & hogs. It is also a shooter. 1/2 MOA easily.

To answer your questions:
Yes, I love the SwitchLug & WTO.
Yes, I will very likely do it again.
Literally nothing about the system that I do not like.
I have not run prefits.

Good luck!

Are prefits even a possibility with their switchlug system? I had looked into this with for my Tikkas awhile back but didn't think you could use prefits

Are prefits even a possibility with their switchlug system? I had looked into this with for my Tikkas awhile back but didn't think you could use prefits
I can't answer this question, but if you'll give WTO a call they can provide you with the info, as well as all available options.