Too Hot to Shoot so find a cool river to fish

Mark37082

I realize LRH is all about hunting and shooting, but when it's too hot to shoot try to find a small river with cold water to enjoy the great outdoors. I tried a new river yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it despite the 95 degree day. The fishing was just okay, but the cold and clear water made for a refreshing day outside. Two old guys in kayaks and wading probably made some of young people shake their heads, but we will be going back and flaunting our old bodies just the same.
1AD5D053-C288-462D-A46A-D8061D44BA3C.jpeg

I still practice shooting, when it's hot...even annealed some cases when it cooled to 99°..
Because there's no fish to catch, and if ya do, it must be released. Plus today's regulations are vast and can change the next day....as they have. So I quit fishing some yrs ago...still buy a fishing license, but the regulations are ridiculous with heavy fines, like, if ya do not release the fish correctly, as lifting it out of the water over 1 foot, trying to unhook it you can face a heavy fine, even loss of truck & boat, and if your fishing buddy helps, he and you are at the mercy of the State...and I don't like the taste of fish or venison as a food.

I still practice shooting, when it's hot...even annealed some cases when it cooled to 99°..
Because there's no fish to catch, and if ya do, it must be released. Plus today's regulations are vast and can change the next day....as they have. So I quit fishing some yrs ago...still buy a fishing license, but the regulations are ridiculous with heavy fines, like, if ya do not release the fish correctly, as lifting it out of the water over 1 foot, trying to unhook it you can face a heavy fine, even loss of truck & boat, and if your fishing buddy helps, he and you are at the mercy of the State...and I don't like the taste of fish or venison as a food.
44-40 I would move!
Be sure to tell one of your representatives why you are moving!

Many years ago I was an avid fisherman. I spent enormous amounts of my free time and money bass fishing. It turned into an obsession and almost like work. I like to keep it simple and enjoyable theses days. Sold my last bass boat a few years ago. I am blessed to have several small rivers within a relatively short drive and load up the kayak or canoe for an easy float and ultra-light fishing. I don't keep the fish any longer. A one or two pound small mouth or trout is as exciting as hooking a 7 lb large mouth to me.
IMG_4876.jpeg

44-40 I would move!
Be sure to tell one of your representatives why you are moving!
I have contacted them, and they ignore any grievance...or their office workers send the same general reply form letter to the voter inquiry or grievances. The representatives are insulated from the voter, and do what is best for them or their ideology. Then send out representative letters telling the voter of two or three bills they tried to introduce on your behalf, but unfortunately the bills never passed into law...
But they are working hard for you, except in reality things are getting much worse inspite of their said efforts. Of coarse Its All BS and they vote with the commies on any important issues, no matter of you contact them, and the rest are full blown insane liberals, who castrate little boys and post birth abortion is normal, assisted suicide no problem. Gun laws so unconstitutional they been held up in liberal courts, trying to out do California.
Move? Been thinking about it for years...old age a major factor in keeping me here, and if ya move the liberal globlist agenda will follow. The isolated Ruby Ridge cabin is available... but the government did not leave them alone, killed and shot citizens innocent of any crime and shot Weaver, the cabin owner after a FBI setup, (as they always do), for a gun infraction. In the wrongful death law suit the jury awarded him a settlement...he got $80,000 for his son & wife being murdered and him and his friend being shot. The FBI snipers were said by the government to be justified, shooting his wife in the head, standing in a doorway holding her baby unarmed of coarse. No shots were returned at the murderous FBI ...in following days while the dead begin to decay. Then the FBI went to Waco to continue their legacy.

Visiting in Arkansas with my nephew on the White River. Cold water and sunny humid days. But the fishing was spectacular!
Even the deer thought it was great.
Yes, we are blessed with the best brown trout fishery in the world. Browns, cut throats and tigers have to be 24" just to keep. You can catch rainbows until you get tired of it. I go up there so often I have a jet boat dedicated to it. Love it up there.