TICKS & INSECTS!!!!!!!!!

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
Just want to make everyone aware of the potential to get some diseases from TICKS!.

Here is a link to TICKS and Please read it so that you don't end up with a DISEASE that can alter your life.
I have had a friend that for many years was sick and after 10 years they diagnosed him with Lyme Disease. This was almost 20 years ago and now medical profession has many types of treatments. My friend was very unlucky and suffered for years.
Today there are treatments and antibiotics to help out when first infected.
Quick story. I recently put up another acre of fencing for our goats and Great Pureness puppy. It was about 1,000 feet of fencing in the woods. Well I had several bug bites and was itching for several days. I also put up a small above-ground Pool 7' X 13' X 34" for us to cool off in and for the pup to swim.
Well Jill and I went into the pool this weekend, Jill saw a "Black Spot" on my back. (I could not see it or touch it due to the location in the middle of my back). Jill took a picture of it and looked on the internet. Looked exactly like Nodular Melanoma.
It was like a "Black Mole". Scared the HELL out of me. I had to wait for the weekend to be over and on Monday I went to my DR. He looked at it and thought it was a "SKIN TAG" when he went to try to remove it with tweasers "IT MOVED" and he saw legs come out. He knew then that it was a "TICK".
At first look - it looked like a Skin MOLE.
Good thing that I didn't have Melanoma, but could be infected from the Tick with several other Diseases.
Took him over 15 minutes to get the TICK to let go so that the Tick's Head would not be stuck in my skin. He tried Alcohol then ICE and finally it released.
He gave me a weeks' worth of antibiotics "DOXYCYCLINE HYCLATE" that covers Lyme and several Tick Diseases. If you get a Tick, see you DR. For the Proper Medications. Don't wait! If the TICK was impeded in you skin, take a high res picture of it and the area you are living in.
If you have a TICK impeded in your skin try this to remove it. But also consult with you Dr.

Also look at other options from the Medical Profession-Don't just look for old home remedies-(but they may work best)

Just want everyone to be aware. When in the woods wear pants and long sleeve shirts and insect repellent. When coming out of the woods remove your clothes and check your body for Ticks/Insects. Some Ticks can be very small.
I hunted in NY several years ago and was the end of November. We took the deer off of the hanging poles and put into our trucks. My friend was complaining of "Itching" while driving back to PA. We stopped and he had several dozen Ticks running all over his head, neck, back. He got them from handling the deer.

Be safe and Healthy
Len & Jill

Our tick infestation here in Pa has gotten worse the last 10 years with our now mild winters. I started using permethrin from a company named sawyer and is sold at Walmart. One bottle of the spray does a couple sets of clothes and lasts for months. They also sell a arysol but haven't used it.
I recommend this to everyone because since I have been using it I haven't had a tick on me or my clothing. Truly amazing stuff!

Our tick infestation here in Pa has gotten worse the last 10 years with our now mild winters. I started using permethrin from a company named sawyer and is sold at Walmart. One bottle of the spray does a couple sets of clothes and lasts for months. They also sell a arysol but haven't used it.
I recommend this to everyone because since I have been using it I haven't had a tick on me or my clothing. Truly amazing stuff!
Ticks are bad in Tennessee , a couple years back I got rocky mountain spotted fever that was pretty rough I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy

Sawyers is THE STUFF! I'm out in the tall grass and brush alot and it flat out works. I have had a few get through since I started useing it a few years ago but very very few. I use the hand pump bottle.

If you can stand the noise around your place, Guinea fowl will put a hurting in tick population around your place. They can be a effective control-Ticks seem to be a favorite snack of theirs. They are garden friendly and great watch dogs as well, but noisy as heck! Hope all goes well for you!

If you can stand the noise around your place, Guinea fowl will put a hurting in tick population around your place. They can be a effective control-Ticks seem to be a favorite snack of theirs. They are garden friendly and great watch dogs as well, but noisy as heck! Hope all goes well for you!
Tried them years ago. The Coyotes, Fox and Hawks got them all. In fact no one around here has chickens unless they are in a very secure pen.
Thanks for the info
Len & Jill

You are absolutely correct I have free ranging guineas and chickens while in my yard I have no worries about ticks at all but when you go outside the fence look out!
image.jpg

Tried them years ago. The Coyotes, Fox and Hawks got them all. In fact no one around here has chickens unless they are in a very secure pen.
Thanks for the info
Len & Jill
I tried free range when I first got our chickens, but like you said so many critters like to eat chicken too. My fix for the problem was a secure pen attached to the chicken coop and I only let them out of the pen approximately 1-1/2 hrs before sundown and so far in two years, I have not lost any to the hawks since. I think they've already got their meal for the day so the chickens are safe.

I can relate to Len`s story...
All my life I`ve spent alot of time outside.
Grouse hunting with dog I would hunt all day and lay down in the woods and take a lunch break and a nap....
NEVER had a tick problem in WIS.until about 20 yrs. ago... Rarely I would pull one off my dog...
In my early 60`s I started having arthritic like pain and symptoms..... for 3 years....
Went to VA..... they said just aging....Went to private doctor..... he said aging.....
Wife sez go to my doctor.... I did..... he got me stripped down and gave me a GI exam.....
Looked behind my ear and said.."you,ve had shingles".... never knew that.....also while I was getting dressed he sez "I.m gonna take some blood..I believe you have Lymes Disease...... bingo..... got me on antibiotics and in 2 weeks I was clean.....
However the 3 years I had it has done it`s damage....

I can relate to Len`s story...
All my life I`ve spent alot of time outside.
Grouse hunting with dog I would hunt all day and lay down in the woods and take a lunch break and a nap....
NEVER had a tick problem in WIS.until about 20 yrs. ago... Rarely I would pull one off my dog...
In my early 60`s I started having arthritic like pain and symptoms..... for 3 years....
Went to VA..... they said just aging....Went to private doctor..... he said aging.....
Wife sez go to my doctor.... I did..... he got me stripped down and gave me a GI exam.....
Looked behind my ear and said.."you,ve had shingles".... never knew that.....also while I was getting dressed he sez "I.m gonna take some blood..I believe you have Lymes Disease...... bingo..... got me on antibiotics and in 2 weeks I was clean.....
However the 3 years I had it has done it`s damage....
Bill sorry to hear that. Yes years ago the medical profession had not a clue about Lyme Disease or related to Ticks. . Named after Lyme, CT.
Like I said had a friend the suffered for about 10 years before diagnosed with Lyme Disease. He ended up in the hospital and spent months on antibiotics. Fast forward to today and Tick Diseases are widely know and treatments available. I have had Ticks on me for many years of being in the woods and having animals all my life. Never worried or knew about Tick Diseases.
MY advice to anyone that has a Tick imbedded into your skin try to have the Tick "Back out" on it's own. Don't try to squeez it and pull off. You will only have the Tick's inside fluids forced into you skin (with diseases) and if the head breaks off inside you can get an infection. Seek medical attention and get an antibiotic. These new antibiotics get rid of many Tick Diseases within a few days.
I now spray myself down with DEET every time I go into the woods, which is almost all our property. We also have "FIRE ANTS" here.
Every time I get attached by a Fire Ant, I have a burning and then itching. The spot then turns into a blister and can last for a week or more.

Just want to make everyone aware of the potential to get some diseases from TICKS!.

Here is a link to TICKS and Please read it so that you don't end up with a DISEASE that can alter your life.
I have had a friend that for many years was sick and after 10 years they diagnosed him with Lyme Disease. This was almost 20 years ago and now medical profession has many types of treatments. My friend was very unlucky and suffered for years.
Today there are treatments and antibiotics to help out when first infected.
Quick story. I recently put up another acre of fencing for our goats and Great Pureness puppy. It was about 1,000 feet of fencing in the woods. Well I had several bug bites and was itching for several days. I also put up a small above-ground Pool 7' X 13' X 34" for us to cool off in and for the pup to swim.
Well Jill and I went into the pool this weekend, Jill saw a "Black Spot" on my back. (I could not see it or touch it due to the location in the middle of my back). Jill took a picture of it and looked on the internet. Looked exactly like Nodular Melanoma.
It was like a "Black Mole". Scared the HELL out of me. I had to wait for the weekend to be over and on Monday I went to my DR. He looked at it and thought it was a "SKIN TAG" when he went to try to remove it with tweasers "IT MOVED" and he saw legs come out. He knew then that it was a "TICK".
At first look - it looked like a Skin MOLE.
Good thing that I didn't have Melanoma, but could be infected from the Tick with several other Diseases.
Took him over 15 minutes to get the TICK to let go so that the Tick's Head would not be stuck in my skin. He tried Alcohol then ICE and finally it released.
He gave me a weeks' worth of antibiotics "DOXYCYCLINE HYCLATE" that covers Lyme and several Tick Diseases. If you get a Tick, see you DR. For the Proper Medications. Don't wait! If the TICK was impeded in you skin, take a high res picture of it and the area you are living in.
If you have a TICK impeded in your skin try this to remove it. But also consult with you Dr.

Also look at other options from the Medical Profession-Don't just look for old home remedies-(but they may work best)

Just want everyone to be aware. When in the woods wear pants and long sleeve shirts and insect repellent. When coming out of the woods remove your clothes and check your body for Ticks/Insects. Some Ticks can be very small.
I hunted in NY several years ago and was the end of November. We took the deer off of the hanging poles and put into our trucks. My friend was complaining of "Itching" while driving back to PA. We stopped and he had several dozen Ticks running all over his head, neck, back. He got them from handling the deer.

Be safe and Healthy
Len & Jill
Just a few weeks ago I had a couple of deer ticks on my back side that my wife discovered, initially thinking it was a suspicious mole. I suspected they were there for at least a few days. I did get the "super-dose" of Doxy.. I had an added complication in that the the bite which was quite red with the telltale "ring" instigated my immune system, bringing on a case of the Shingles, requiring additional treatment. All seems well at this point…fortunately. This is about the 4th time I've been treated over the past couple of decades. Lyme carrying deer ticks have infested all wooded area here in the Northeast and pose a serious issue, particularly with kids. A couple of my buddies have contracted permanent Lyme disease, and it is quite debilitating. I have found that judicious use of non-toxic Cedarcide is very effective at deterring ticks and mosquitoes. I also use a Sorresto collar on my Brittany which has also proven to highly effective. Interestingly, I spent the first 20+ years of my hunting and fishing life in wooded area, and had only one or two harmless wood ticks to contend with. Lyme carrying deer ticks has become a major issue!!

Bill sorry to hear that. Yes years ago the medical profession had not a clue about Lyme Disease or related to Ticks. . Named after Lyme, CT.
Like I said had a friend the suffered for about 10 years before diagnosed with Lyme Disease. He ended up in the hospital and spent months on antibiotics. Fast forward to today and Tick Diseases are widely know and treatments available. I have had Ticks on me for many years of being in the woods and having animals all my life. Never worried or knew about Tick Diseases.
MY advice to anyone that has a Tick imbedded into your skin try to have the Tick "Back out" on it's own. Don't try to squeez it and pull off. You will only have the Tick's inside fluids forced into you skin (with diseases) and if the head breaks off inside you can get an infection. Seek medical attention and get an antibiotic. These new antibiotics get rid of many Tick Diseases within a few days.
I now spray myself down with DEET every time I go into the woods, which is almost all our property. We also have "FIRE ANTS" here.
Every time I get attached by a Fire Ant, I have a burning and then itching. The spot then turns into a blister and can last for a week or more.
We've had those nasty little fire-breathing ants for 30 years or so. The first time we saw them they were floating across a local lake and we thought what the heck. As it got closer we picked up some rocks and hammered the ball of the unknown, it was then we saw it was a ball of ants. We had never seen any ants cross a lake like that, but didn't think much about it.
Fast forward a few months and my brother-in-law and I were dove hunting and he told me I'm going to sit on this gofer mound, big mistake, it was a fire-ant bed and he was covered getting stung all over. Off came the clothes and he began to wipe them off of him, I helped some but not the personal regions. Finally, he got them off of him, there is no telling how many stings he took, the mound was about 1-1/2' round so it was a big mound. Then he got to picking, slinging his underwear around to get them out of it, I was laughing my *** off since it didn't appear he was having a reaction to the stings. No camera, of course, and no cellphones back then, but if I only had one. hahaha. I've been on a personal mission ever since to rid them out of my life and I'm still fighting that battle today.