Flea & Tick medication

I used fresh garlic clove, had to wrap it in turkey or something in order for my dog to eat it. The garlic would get into his blood stream and blood parasites didn't like it. I would give it to him about every 2-3 weeks. It is cheap and I have it on hand
PLEASE be careful doing this. Onions and garlic can be very poisonous to dogs. Some may be more tolerant to it than others but can be fatal to some.

Curious as to what brand/type folks are using for their dogs. Was sticker shocked when the vet quoted $400 for my two dogs, hoping to find cheaper but don't want to put the dogs at risk.
I use the 7-month collar kind but replace them every three months. It has been effective on Karelian Bear Dog for nearly 15 years now. I also use flea and tick shampoo on him. Good luck!

Vet bills are sometimes more than human health care bills, and there are a few hacks on YT. It has been years since I have taken my dog for kennel cough. I have learned to diagnose when he has kennel cough and have used Robitussin DM cough syrup instead, and the savings are substantial.

PLEASE be careful doing this. Onions and garlic can be very poisonous to dogs. Some may be more tolerant to it than others but can be fatal to some.
I have read some of those articles and also read opposing articles that say garlic is ok. I personally never had any issues with my dog having toxicity. I do know that some dog foods include garlic. Blue buffalo dog food at least in the small bred food list garlic in the ingredients. I will definitely say do what you are comfortable with and educate the best you are able to.

Bravecto on my 100lb Golden and Simparica Trio on the coon hound. ST has been costing me $48/tab. The bravecto was $60/tab a year ago, and I need to renew.
Have considered using ivermectin paste, as I have read articles on its use.
The coon hound is particularly susceptible to mites, and the ST is very effective against them.