SUPER HOGS MAY INVADE THE US FROM CANADA

We have some that I don't think that wolves can deal with. Hogs can have 3 litters a year and they run in bigger packs than wolves. Their cutters can open up a dog like a machete. I've killed a very big one that I think was actually following me. If I tell you how big HE was you would think I'm either crazy or a liar.
If I didn't have pictures many stories I tell would be deemed untrue.
IMG_2392.jpeg

Last edited:
Disagree. I think farmers and landowners are making a buck when they can. As a landowner myself, I don't let anyone hunt on my land but family. Broken fences, leaving gates open, driving trucks across fields not to mention the people that have hunted on my parents land despite no hunting signs and have called for permission AFTER killing something.

Hunting will never eradicate wild hogs and a lot of jackasses do more harm than good. I know there is a lot of responsible hunters out there (I do my best to be one), but they all drive the same trucks 🤷‍♂️

Even a government funded culling program including trapping, night hunting, helicopters etc will never do more than control them IMO. And the public here will never support that.
Our local game warden uses those boar 🐗 buster traps with the camera and set by cell phone at anytime they want to get 90% of them. any stragglers the game warden teams up with the USDA and flies a chopper and takes out the rest. they have been nearly eradicated in my area.🙁

That's crazy to give you guard duty and a empty gun . I felt naked hunting pigs in California with out my pistol. They have a lead free requirement and I couldn't come up with ammo for my 10mm or 44 mag loaded with copper. I had my 7-08 shooting barns 140 ttsx . At 100 yds it passed thru and out . I was fixing to send another as the guide had said it usually takes two shots. Tom the guide called me off the second shot . He said good hit I see blood on both sides .
It wasn't to often you were issued ammo. Usually we were issued ammo on qualifying ranges, Guard duty on East German Wall & guard duty of post. Post duty ammo was in ammo can not your firearm. A whole 7 rds each. All you needed was to look scary. The Govt was more concerned with suicide attempts. lol

Well if it's anything like Texas then they will cry to the gov about crop damage and then ask for your first born to hunt them. Kind of a shame the world went that way. The need to make sure you profit from both sides. And I know it's just business.
On top of it, unless you get some young ones, under 100lbs, they are dry and tough. I know many here will dissagree, I just don't like eating them, unless young