satlite Internet What do you Use ?

hughes.net its okay as long as it isnt bad weather...take a look at thier fair access policy if you download a bunch of big files

If you have a choice on satellite or something via cable, I'd go the cable route. Satellite has weather problems, and it's more $$ than a cable high speed internet. That said, my only choices are dial-up or Hughes.net. I've had Hughes for 5 years now. If you get their system, definately pay for the "warranty". Even a simple service call will cost $200.00.........

I signed up for the warranty last month.

I use Wildblue.
My 2 other options are put up a tower to get wireless broadband or use a cell phone broadband.

Overall I have had good luck with it, the biggest complaint is the lag time of pages loading.

I started with the 1.0 Mbps then switched to 1.5Mbps and really haven't noticed the difference.

James

Have been using Starband for almost 3 years now. Very satisfied with their service. The down side is your limited to how much you can download in a 7 day period. Unless you are working with large files the limits are acceptable. I use Starbands fastest connection and the broadband phone system "Vonage" works pretty good. There is a small lag at the start but once a connection is made it works well. When the Starband contract expires am seriously considering Wildblue. Wildblue was not available at the start but is now and they are less money for the same connection speed.

I had wildblue for 18 months and went back to dial-up. Dial-up is slow but it worked better at the price than blue did.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts