Rifle Barrel Cleaning: What do you use?

NorthernHunter67

Recently I changed barrel cleaning products and procedures. I had been using Hoppes #9 then JB Bore Paste on a patch wrapped around a bronze brush, a rather messy procedure, followed by an oiled then dry patch. I switched to SharpShoot-R's Wipe Out and Wipe Out Accelerator. It does seem to clean very well and remove copper. They don't advise following the cleaning with an oiled patch, stating that their product has rust inhibitors. I do like that the first shot from my cleaned barrel is now grouped with the following shots, my prior techniques usually produced the first shot being "off", so that I always hunted with a "fouled" barrel. However, I do still have some uneasiness about not oiling the barrel! Comments???

Buy a borescope.they are cheap now.Clean barrels do not always shoot better.Short range bench resters clean after 20.LR GUYS gotta go 100 or more.Rimfires are different from centerfires.What accuracy are you going for.? Learn your gear...it will tell you when to clean....hopefully not during a match...
Good shooting good luck...
bill

I have found slip 2000 carbon killer to work wonders on wad fouling in shotguns, and i do have a dedicated copper remover from bore tech. But with regular maintenance with eliminator i almost never have to use it.

KG1 for carbon followed by KG12 for removal of copper. A few clean patches and then a patch with some Eezox before storing in the safe.