Right Out Of The Box----

Most Accurate Hunting Rifle Out Of The Box

• Total voters
I own 3 CZ centerfire rifles and all of them shoot 1/2" at 100 yards with handloads. My CZ 452 shoots 1" groups at 100 yards with cheap CCI Blazer .22LR ammo.

All my CZ centerfire rifles shoot twice as good as their factory targets indicate with good handloads.

The fact that Savage comes out on top in this survey means that Savage outsells CZ (and Sako and a few others) by a wide margin in the USA.

Russian Special Forces use CZ rifles. If Savage was better, they maybe could save a few bucks and it could give them better deniability. US Special Forces generally use something besides standard production rifles, but deniability is their major concern after a certain level of quality is reached. The CZ 75 pistol is one of their favorites. CZ is bigtime popular in the special forces world of many nations as their weapons are awesome in an absolute sense as well as for price. .

I've only owned one CZ and it wasn't a firearm. It was a motocross bike back when I raced motocross in the 70's. Was a royal PITA to start but ran like a scalded dog.:D

This poll is flawed because the tikka t-3 isn't listed. That would be my vote.

The Tikka T-3 is a budget priced Sako, designed & manufactured by Sako. When Beretta bought Sako they directed the company to make a rifle at a lower price than existing Sakos, thus the Tikka rifles were born. They are still Sakos — even if may owners don't know it!

Since Sako rifles are listed, Tikka is covered.

All true but the Sako is a much better built rifle and much more expensive so to lump the 2 into the same category causes confusion and issues IMO.

Scot E.

Coopers will flat out shoot any of the others listed. It is not even a matter of opinion. I personally would have excluded the Dakotas and Coopers because they are more of a semi custom. Of the true production rifles listed I feel that on average Savages are the most accurate out of the box.

Coopers will flat out shoot any of the others listed. It is not even a matter of opinion. I personally would have excluded the Dakotas and Coopers because they are more of a semi custom. Of the true production rifles listed I feel that on average Savages are the most accurate out of the box.

if you goto a bench rest shoot sometime, check out the firing line. You won't see many (if any Coopers there). It's almost always a Savage or a Remington, and usually Savages.
gary

I had always thought my NEFs were the most accurate out of the box shooters. Then I bought my Weatherby Accumark, in .338/378. Had trouble getting the Night Force Scope to stay on the gun, kept shearing off mounts, or sliding and breaking rings. Finally got that problem fixed. Have done nothing to the gun itself except shoot it. Currently have taken a Grizzly at 620 yards, and a Moose at 810 yards. Can hit a gallon milk jug at 1000 yds everytime and 50/50 at 1200yds. I'm shooting a 250gr Nosler Partition, in front of IMR 7828.

if you goto a bench rest shoot sometime, check out the firing line. You won't see many (if any Coopers there). It's almost always a Savage or a Remington, and usually Savages.
gary

This was an out of the box question. I have three Coopers and have had many more Savages. The Savages are accurate but not as accurate as Coopers. I would not build a benchrest gun on a Cooper but I would not use a Savage or Remington either. Most of these rifles you see at the matches are semi customs built on Savage or Remington actions. You can build a semi custom for about the price of a Cooper and on average it will be more accurate. In the end the only reason I prefer Coopers is for varminting. They are just more fun for me. For hunting rifles in non RUM cartridge lengths I would build on a Savage action. It is just great that we have so many choices for accurate rifles out of the box these days.

Remington Sendero !! A savage is still a savage kind of like buying a nissan , when you could own a F250 :)

This was an out of the box question. I have three Coopers and have had many more Savages. The Savages are accurate but not as accurate as Coopers. I would not build a benchrest gun on a Cooper but I would not use a Savage or Remington either. Most of these rifles you see at the matches are semi customs built on Savage or Remington actions. You can build a semi custom for about the price of a Cooper and on average it will be more accurate. In the end the only reason I prefer Coopers is for varminting. They are just more fun for me. For hunting rifles in non RUM cartridge lengths I would build on a Savage action. It is just great that we have so many choices for accurate rifles out of the box these days.

The rule book states that the barrel will be factory, the trigger group will be factory, the stock will be factory, but you can rebed the action to a certain extent.
gary

opinions will vary greatly on this issue. This poll alone will point that out
gary

Your right , my statement sounds kind of harsh . kind of like the old Ford and Chevy debate. In a friendly way . Thats what I meant. If one feels good about what he shoots ,then thats all that really matters.gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts