Right Out Of The Box----

Most Accurate Hunting Rifle Out Of The Box

• Total voters
I've bought Two brand new Remingtons one .243 ADL in the early 80's and .270 BDL in the early 90's and those rifles drove nails (back when I could see better...lol) out of the box, And today, I still have the same scopes on those rifles and Never had to adjust them for any reason. The rifle shoots straight!

Most of my family has Remingtons and they all have good shootin rifles.

I have a Savage in a .223 I bought out of the box and it does hold a tight pattern but no better than the Remington. I also have a Winchester Mod 70 in a .300 win mag and that one shot tight patterns out of the box. Matter of fact the first long shot I took with it was at a Groundhog at 475 yards away and nearly tore it in two.

Tough question-We've gone through a spell where we bought all the kids Ruger 77's to start, and nary a clinker so far. I had a little #3 .375 Win that I shot cast bullets with. I consider the 1" 100yd 10 shot group with it to be one of my high points. Great little trainer as well. The little semi-auto 44 and levers have all shot well in their ranges. For some reason Ruger isn't on the list.
I picked Winchester, but there's a decade or 2 in the middle that are an embarrassment. If I was buying off the shelf today to hunt this season it would be the Winchester I think they're calling it Extreme Weather, 338, or 300 win

+ 1 for Tikka

I have had good luck with Sako and Remington rifles "out of the box."

Kimber was the worst.

Howa for me!

With handloads its good for .3" @ 100m and .5" @ 200m (4 shots) - all shooting done off a bipod, no special bullets - just cheap Sierra Super Roos (Sierra Game Kings).

Awesome rifles!gun)

Attachments

• Howa 22-250HB .317 group.jpg
    Howa 22-250HB .317 group.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 37
  • Howa 22-250HB .340 group.jpg
    Howa 22-250HB .340 group.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Howa 22-250HB .392 group.jpg
    Howa 22-250HB .392 group.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Howa 22-250HB .431 group.jpg
    Howa 22-250HB .431 group.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Howa 22-250HB .517 200m group.jpg
    Howa 22-250HB .517 200m group.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 30
Based on my limited experience Coopers and CZs are great investments but have only had one of each. Sold the Cooper to buy three Savages,they can bury me with the 527CZ in 223
Have had three good shootin Rugers but it took a little work to get them there so out of the box they dont fair well. A 308 VT never did get better than MOA no matter what I did to it.
My best and worst shooting rifles have been Savage/Stevens....Oddly enough both in 223??
Bought a winchester 22-250 back when Fido was a pup that was just plain awfull.
Long way around the barn but I voted Savage because even if it dont shoot I can swap out barrel/stock and trigger to get it shooting.....Like it or not cost is relative in most of our worlds:D

I am and always will be a fan of the Rem 700 but the tree Savages that I have all shoot better than my 700s right out of the box,and are less picky about ammo used.

My vote would be TIKKA. I've rang out 6 of them and all shot sub MOA out of the box.
But since it's left off the list Cooper, both mine shoot great right out the box.

I have to say Tikka even though it aint on the list. I personally have four of them now. .270, .308, 7mm mag and 338 win mag. All shoot sub moa with th majority of premium factory rounds I have shoved in them. The .308 is a heavy barrel varmint/tactical. It has out shot a lot of custom guns and was very easy to hand load for. She has been printing 1/2 moa groups consistently for several years now.

The most accurate factory rifle I own is a savage 22-250. It seams to be finicky about what bullets it likes but 36 grain varmint grenades make it a tack driver. Groups with heavier bullets are terrible.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.