Prairie dog hunts

I go two replies almost back to back,. Guess I in my old age, got them mixed up. Glad you caught it and made me go back to look
LOL! I am with you on that! I always hear good things about Willie but have never been there. I think I will go this summer and chase them little buggers and see if he is still guiding in Alaska.

LOL! I am with you on that! I always hear good things about Willie but have never been there. I think I will go this summer and chase them little buggers and see if he is still guiding in Alaska.
Yeah I'd like to, but "IF I REMEMBER RIGHT: $610 per day. I can't afford that much fun for something I can't eat!

I hear ya about the cost ! Yeah, when you just look at the tab of $610. a day, it is a big number. But, what do you get for that? I was going to S.D. ,but when my outfitter went "expensive", I went elsewhere. Like Kansas. BIG mistake! That guy cost me a little bit less, but I got WAY less in return. Yep, I'm going back to my guy in S.D. where I get a pretty good bang for the buck. I will still agree, it's expensive to get an outfitter these days. But it's the bad times we are living through.

Welcome to the Forum Wayne

Couple quick thoughts, pass on the group hunts and get out there with you and your dog and maybe ONE buddy and see what you can line up. You can do some good pre E scouting. Then it's a couple maps, ON-X and lots of gas and windshield time.

Typically you won't get good info for PD's and such on a forum like this as others have worked hard to find a good place don't wish to give it away. You want to see a good property go to waste just watch telling someone looking for a group hunt show up to a place you've mentioned with 5 or 10 guys in their Winnebago's and desimate the area and often times wear out their welcome.

PD spots are highly protected just like spots with good whitetail or elk hunting are.

Now that you're retired (congrats), the world is your playground simply get to it my friend:)
If I knew of a great spot, I would never tell anyone. People have changed and far too many have no respect for anything. The word would spread and soon your "spot" would become a garbage dump with bullet holes on every building and tree. I don't think I have a warped outlook on life, but you must employ your experience as you move forward in life.

If I knew of a great spot, I would never tell anyone. People have changed and far too many have no respect for anything. The word would spread and soon your "spot" would become a garbage dump with bullet holes on every building and tree. I don't think I have a warped outlook on life, but you must employ your experience as you move forward in life.
Very true sir!

I hear ya about the cost ! Yeah, when you just look at the tab of $610. a day, it is a big number. But, what do you get for that? I was going to S.D. ,but when my outfitter went "expensive", I went elsewhere. Like Kansas. BIG mistake! That guy cost me a little bit less, but I got WAY less in return. Yep, I'm going back to my guy in S.D. where I get a pretty good bang for the buck. I will still agree, it's expensive to get an outfitter these days. But it's the bad times we are living through.
God bless you guys with the big fat wallets. I think that $250 a day for each member in a minimum group of 3 to kill wild hogs is too much. Especially when there is open season 24/7 on these highly destructive creatures.

Oh stoppit! It is called saving and prioritizing. Oh ya, and being single 😂
Just wait until you reach retirement and you'll see how that prioritizing works out for you. I saved and invested for years for my retirement concerned about taking care of myself until the end. I worked till I was 72 and at that time thought I had pretty much reached my objective. Then 2022 arrived during and after which the political disaster took almost 30% of what I worked so long and so diligently to accumulate.

Recent Posts