PA deer tags 2023

I don't use a processer . I wish they had a list because the property owner gets 20 management tags that we fill only a couple bet really need to fill more. I won't waste them I was taught you eat what you kill or give it someone else that will.
I hunt at a friends property and the neighbors.The neighboring property owner doesn't allow any doe hunting so I follow the landowner rules when there. My friends father wants me to shoot as many as I want while there since my friend doesn't shoot does. His brother will occasionally shoot one but it's not nearly enough taking 2-3 does a year.

Found out 2H has been combined into 2G.
I usually hunt in 2G.
Last year was the first time I didn't get a doe tag for 2G. Even though I put in for it first round, it was sold out already.

I forgot about the OTC tags this year & didn't stop to get one on the opening Monday.
Went into Dicks in Altoona on Tuesday afternoon and got my 2G doe tag.
No line, no wait.

The Spokes person for the PA Game Commission stated that the new system did really well.
Pointing out that the system didn't flat out crash. 🤨

Found out 2H has been combined into 2G.
I usually hunt in 2G.
Last year was the first time I didn't get a doe tag for 2G. Even though I put in for it first round, it was sold out already.

I forgot about the OTC tags this year & didn't stop to get one on the opening Monday.
Went into Dicks in Altoona on Tuesday afternoon and got my 2G doe tag.
No line, no wait.

The Spokes person for the PA Game Commission stated that the new system did really well.
Pointing out that the system didn't flat out crash. 🤨
I saw that too 😅

"We did GREAT! Our new system wasn't a complete failure!". Paraphrase 🤣

As usually the case, PA. turned the license process into a CF

Problem is, everyone and their brothers who are residents, wanted to get doe licenses in gmus that usually sell out. That made all the residents log on all at once to get a hunting license and doe permit in their gmu.

Predictably, it overwhelmed their system and crashed it. Duh.

Being a non resident, I waited, because I couldn't get a doe license until a couple weeks later, so nbd.

What a cf

I received this notice about Antlerless licenses for 2024. 3 units are first come basis this year. Check the website for the units if you can't tell from this post.

Attachments

• 3CE0871A-A17B-42FC-9213-71FD8A4331A9.png
    3CE0871A-A17B-42FC-9213-71FD8A4331A9.png
    77 KB · Views: 14
What could go wrong, it went so well last year... 🫣
Worked fine for me but I hunt 4A so I got my tags months after they started. Splitting it up should help alleviate the issues of crashing the server because you took hundred of thousands of people out of the queue. That will give those three units the breathing room to get their tags without the system crashing.

Everyone else can go whenever as they never sell out the first round.

Recent Posts