PA deer tags 2023

FrogFire7

Soooo this is the first year doe tags are available over the counter.... No clue how big of a cluster this will be or how they are allocating tags, so I went to log in to the online portal to purchase tags (fearing doe tags may sell out in my unit very quickly, which they may not).

Starting to look like the (wild) western state license sale portals 😳🤬

Knew PA would find a way to screw this up, lol.

Attachments

• PXL_20230626_153229989.jpg
    PXL_20230626_153229989.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 90
Someone here at work said that there were people lined up outside the hardware store. Assuming they were waiting to make sure they get their Antlerless tags. No worries here since they usually don't sell out of Antlerless tags in my unit until after the second round.

I went to my local gun shop around 9:30 - 10:00 this morning . I started to pull in and thought OMG . the parking lot had the look of a train wreck . I'm guessing a parking lot that can hold 30 -35 vehicles had 50+ wedged in it . I was able to get turned around and headed out . I don't need a new license that bad . I'll try again later in the week , or next week . I figured it would be crazy , but just didn't realize how crazy .

I went to my local gun shop around 9:30 - 10:00 this morning . I started to pull in and thought OMG . the parking lot had the look of a train wreck . I'm guessing a parking lot that can hold 30 -35 vehicles had 50+ wedged in it . I was able to get turned around and headed out . I don't need a new license that bad . I'll try again later in the week , or next week . I figured it would be crazy , but just didn't realize how crazy .
I have heard a similar thing around me.. Not sure what people are freaking out about haha. I agree - don't need a doe tag that bad - I'd rather hunt a different state than PA anyways

I have heard a similar thing around me.. Not sure what people are freaking out about haha. I agree - don't need a doe tag that bad - I'd rather hunt a different state than PA anyways
Im curious as to what state you feel would be better?
With all its faults, PA still offers more hunting opportunity than most others at a very reasonable cost.
As for doe licenses, ive never bought one.
But then i still remain friendly to those who do. lol
My first hunting season was 1947.
The first doe season in many years happened in 1950.
No special license involved.
They decided to make the first 2 days of the season doe only, no bucks, untill Wed. of the first week.
All they managed to do was to make outlaws out of other wise honest people.
No doubt that due to the long economic depression, followed by WW2 where everything was rationed, quite a few of them were being shot anyway by necessity.