Opinions on Noslers cartridge family

which nosler cartridge has the best chance of commercial viability?

• Total voters
I have a couple 28 Noslers, I have more invested in brass for them than I had in my first 2 hunting rifles!

Last edited:
I think the 33 may have a place as a heavy hitting close to mid range, when you want to knock something out of it's hooves in the timber, may fit in some action better than a 340 WBY, I could see building a wood stocked Winny with a #4 on it for timber crashing!!
The feed back from the 30 Nosler has been excellent, the one I dialed in for a customer showed some serious goodness!!

I like the 338 rum best really for a mag fed 338. I have a reamer set up with a short throat for 250s to feed in a wyatts. Problem is you cant find brass. The fast RL powders are great for speed, but I like to stay with H1000 for guns.
ADG is making 338 RUM brass, selling it on gunbroker.
I just got some 6.5 creed brass from them it looks pretty good

Nope, the BC is very similar between the 2 bullets and the 30 has a 200 fps advantage. Both of those bullets work very well on elk. Personally Im sticking with the 30. I have an edge and prefer the way the 215 works on elk vs the 300 hybrid. A 215 at 3100 is going to be hard to beat.
Alex, what powder are you using to reach 3100fps with a 215gr bullet in a 30 Nosler? I have a 28 Nosler and use RL33 to reach 3050fps with the 195gr bullet, I had tried H1000 in the beginning and could only get it to 2900fps.

I think the 33 may have a place as a heavy hitting close to mid range, when you want to knock something out of it's hooves in the timber, may fit in some action better than a 340 WBY, I could see building a wood stocked Winny with a #4 on it for timber crashing!!
The feed back from the 30 Nosler has been excellent, the one I dialed in for a customer showed some serious goodness!!
"Timber Crashing" I like that one :)

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.