Oil No, Wind Yes

Hmm in 1975 we were warned of the coming of the next ice age.....
I remember the warnings about the little ice age. And when this didn't happen….
global warming.
They finally said screw it let's just call it a catch all phrase "climate change" and then we can't be wrong!

I remember the warnings about the little ice age. And when this didn't happen….

They finally said screw it let's just call it a catch all phrase "climate change" and then we can't be wrong!
And the Libs just went along with all the changes- "science", you know? Science can't possibly be wrong, especially not on purpose!😱

I guess I should have mentioned also that if the wind blows too fast they stop them. Has to be within a certain range
Also I remember I think it was a couple years ago when some where in south west or south Texas they had a really hard freeze.
The Chinese owned wind farm shut down because they said it was too cold to run them. The sad part is people actually believed that crap 😡

I was in NW NM when that happened. My son drained my water lines in my house but there was no easy way to drain the water well house. The heat lamp didn't quite do the trick and some of the lines split. When I got home, after all of the power outages, every single clock in the house was still on time. I originally blamed the few cracked pipes on the power going out. I don't know what it was since it doesn't appear that I lost power.

According to the mighty Goog, wind turbines have a brake that kicks in at 55MPH. My son works for company that provides engines to peak shaver plants around here. He used to send me Ercot screenshots showing that the wind farms were down and the wind was blowing. There wasn't enough demand. I live south of a coal fired plant (La Grange), about 25 miles away, maybe 30. North of the South Texas Nuclear Plant about 100 miles ish. The peak shaver that he used to operate is about 15 miles south as the crow flies.

I was in NW NM when that happened. My son drained my water lines in my house but there was no easy way to drain the water well house. The heat lamp didn't quite do the trick and some of the lines split. When I got home, after all of the power outages, every single clock in the house was still on time. I originally blamed the few cracked pipes on the power going out. I don't know what it was since it doesn't appear that I lost power.

According to the mighty Goog, wind turbines have a brake that kicks in at 55MPH. My son works for company that provides engines to peak shaver plants around here. He used to send me Ercot screenshots showing that the wind farms were down and the wind was blowing. There wasn't enough demand. I live south of a coal fired plant (La Grange), about 25 miles away, maybe 30. North of the South Texas Nuclear Plant about 100 miles ish. The peak shaver that he used to operate is about 15 miles south as the crow flies.
Amazing isn't it??
Also, the CCP definitely has access through the internet system to disrupt and/or control any control system in the country, electric grid, hydro power, water, gas lines, oil system ect.

I live south of a coal fired plant (La Grange), about 25 miles away, maybe 30
I'm very surprised that it's not been shut down yet. Most in my area have been shut down. One plant was shut down and told they needed to put some type of scrubbers to clean up the emissions. They shut down and spent millions on the scrubbers that was supposedly needed. 8 months later they refired but didn't meet the requirements so were forced to shut down for good.
The government is trying to force everyone to all electric (even banning gas stoves) but we're having a hard time keeping up with demand as is and our electric grid is in poor condition.

I'm very surprised that it's not been shut down yet. Most in my area have been shut down. One plant was shut down and told they needed to put some type of scrubbers to clean up the emissions. They shut down and spent millions on the scrubbers that was supposedly needed. 8 months later they refired but didn't meet the requirements so were forced to shut down for good.
The government is trying to force everyone to all electric (even banning gas stoves) but we're having a hard time keeping up with demand as is and our electric grid is in poor
I'm afraid that things in our country are going to get very tough in the near future.

Texas. So far we've kind of avoided drastic policy's but I have noticed that there are about a dozen R labeled politicians the misspelled D when they signed up. I worked in Western PA about 15 years ago. Midland, PA. We installed a big Propane terminal. Then about 10 years ago the company I work for now installed a crude oil truck terminal outside of Wellsville, PA. Just across the river and downstream a little from the Midway terminal. I crossed the Newell bridge with ice on it more times than I can count.

Just like Social Security right
Just for purposes of education though I realize you guys just want to have fun......and yes the government is likely to destroy Social Security.

When 3rd party escrow is set up under and independent trustee,
neither the developer or the county govt. has any access to that acct. The trustee, many times a bank is instructed the money can only be used to fund decommissioning of that wind farm, no other. The developer if he wants to sell the windfarm, has to have the buyer post identical replacement security as a condition of sale. If the developer goes bankrupt, the lenders have step in rights. If there is no responsible party, in 18 months, the decommissioning is triggered, ie, the trustee orders the wind farm dismantled and funds it.

Now for oil and gas, various state agencies oversee plugging and abandonment. This is funded either by taxpayers or by the pooling of industry fees and taxes if a company goes bankrupt or abandons an old well.

I suppose the nuclear regulatory commission and the federal govt. and the state public utility commissions have some similar responsibilities for nukes funded by taxpayers and rate payers.

It all gets handled. And there is always a cost for clean up and protecting the environment no matter the technology.

I dare say, these abandonment and clean up funds in various industries are much safer than
Social Security.

Windmills will never pay themselves off. They don't generate enough power. If wind doesnt blow hard enough they dont generate. If it over spins it uses its power to apply the brakes. The blades have 10 year life expectancy. They have no way too get rid of the old blades so they get burried in wyoming or montana I can't remember. But on that note solar fields kill a ton of birds too. If they really cared theyd build turbines in the ocean

Windmills will never pay themselves off. They don't generate enough power. If wind doesnt blow hard enough they dont generate. If it over spins it uses its power to apply the brakes. The blades have 10 year life expectancy. They have no way too get rid of the old blades so they get burried in wyoming or montana I can't remember. But on that note solar fields kill a ton of birds too. If they really cared theyd build turbines in the ocean
Some senile old dude, or his handlers, in Washington is trying to put wind farms in the GOM. Strangely enough where he wants to put the wind farm <-- Stupid thing to call it, poses a hazard to shipping in and out of the port of Houston.