New kind of wind sockā€¦

no šŸ¤£

Though we are going on a little family trip to Alberta this summer. Looking forward to taking my kids to the royal tyrell museum in Drumheller to see the T REX skeleton and other Dinos, the Calgary zoo, and go just a little ways into the Rocky Mountains. Born and raised here in Saskatchewan they're not accustomed to anything more than a hillā€¦and most of our hills are questionable at even being hills haha. FLATLANDERS!

The 2 year old twins are most excited about the zoo. The 4 year old can't wait to see the T. rex. And the 5 year old is an aspiring geologist who wants to see mountains and see how many different kinds of rocks we can find haha. I was the same. Very much looking forward to this trip.
The Royal Tyrell is amazing. I look forward to reading your review if you post it here. There are many fantastic hikes in the badlands around Drumheller as well and I hope you are able to take some in.

It can't be that flat in the Nipawin area. I seem to remember some hilly terrain around Meadow Lake when I was through there.

The Royal Tyrell is amazing. I look forward to reading your review if you post it here. There are many fantastic hikes in the badlands around Drumheller as well and I hope you are able to take some in.

It can't be that flat in the Nipawin area. I seem to remember some hilly terrain around Meadow Lake when I was through there.
We're not the south of the province that's for sure. More of a humorous shot at my home province. Its what we're known for: being absolutely flat, grain farming, some oil wells, potash, cold winters, hot summers (the albertans like to think they're as cold, but they get chinooksā€¦well at least in Calgary šŸ¤£ - and that mountain air isn't so unrelentingly hot even at night like we are in June and July haha)

You're right tho where I live we have trees and the odd hill, not a barren prairie at all

There's even a river! šŸ¤£

We're like Alberta's less interesting and more laid back sibling to my mind. Less of a hurry here, not big shots, but sharing the same fundamental values in a country that doesn't share those values.

I've been to the royal tyrell myself a few times, been through Alberta many times. But it'll be a first for the kiddos. They're a bit young for hiking yet (especially the twins). But we'll make it a full experience for sure (no doubt with theaccompanying fighting and crying and "are we there yet?" Moments that you sign on for when travelling with small children)

We're not the south of the province that's for sure. More of a humorous shot at my home province. Its what we're known for: being absolutely flat, grain farming, some oil wells, potash, cold winters, hot summers (the albertans like to think they're as cold, but they get chinooksā€¦well at least in Calgary šŸ¤£ - and that mountain air isn't so unrelentingly hot even at night like we are in June and July haha)

You're right tho where I live we have trees and the odd hill, not a barren prairie at all

There's even a river! šŸ¤£

We're like Alberta's less interesting and more laid back sibling to my mind. Less of a hurry here, not big shots, but sharing the same fundamental values in a country that doesn't share those values.

I've been to the royal tyrell myself a few times, been through Alberta many times. But it'll be a first for the kiddos. They're a bit young for hiking yet (especially the twins). But we'll make it a full experience for sure (no doubt with theaccompanying fighting and crying and "are we there yet?" Moments that you sign on for when travelling with small children)
Years ago I spent some time in Estevan for work. The locals told me to buy PAM cooking spray and spray the front of my truck. I laughed, but they didn't. Long story short, I ended up spraying PAM all over the front of my truck. I am glad I did or I would have never gotten all the grasshoppers and grasshopper guts washed off of my truck. That is what I remember the most about southern Saskatchewan.

I have been fortunate enough to be treated to a few fly-in fishing junkets to lakes in northern Saskatchewan. The fishing was fantastic and in hindsight I wish I took better advantage of those fishing opportunities and did less bottle emptying.

Years ago I spent some time in Estevan for work. The locals told me to buy PAM cooking spray and spray the front of my truck. I laughed, but they didn't. Long story short, I ended up spraying PAM all over the front of my truck. I am glad I did or I would have never gotten all the grasshoppers and grasshopper guts washed off of my truck. That is what I remember the most about southern Saskatchewan.

I have been fortunate enough to be treated to a few fly-in fishing junkets to lakes in northern Saskatchewan. The fishing was fantastic and in hindsight I wish I took better advantage of those fishing opportunities and did less bottle emptying.
Man I've never heard of the PAM thing haha.

A Volkswagon beetle with the number 53 on the hood?
HERBIE!

I forgot about him.

Before my time technically but I watched a lot of "before my time" tv growing up. My mom worked at a nursing home and borrowed some of the residents movies and VHS tapes from time to time for us kids to watch.

So I'm a bit of an oddball. Born in 91 and my favourite show growing up was the old Gillian's Island. Some of the videotapes were still in black and white haha. Loved that show.

Also recall being raised on "the Beverly hillbillies" "the dukes of hazard" "green acres" with the odd bit of Red Skelton, three stooges, and MASH.

But Gillian's island was my undisputed favourite

HERBIE!

I forgot about him.

Before my time technically but I watched a lot of "before my time" tv growing up. My mom worked at a nursing home and borrowed some of the residents movies and VHS tapes from time to time for us kids to watch.

So I'm a bit of an oddball. Born in 91 and my favourite show growing up was the old Gillian's Island. Some of the videotapes were still in black and white haha. Loved that show.

Also recall being raised on "the Beverly hillbillies" "the dukes of hazard" "green acres" with the odd bit of Red Skelton, three stooges, and MASH.

But Gillian's island was my undisputed favourite
Since you watched Gilligan's Island, answer the age old question, would you rather have ginger or Marianne? Lol.

Since you watched Gilligan's Island, answer the age old question, would you rather have ginger or Marianne? Lol.

Hahahaā€¦married. Not answering that. You never knowā€¦.šŸ¤£

BUT that show has one of my favourite bits of marriage humour:

In the episode titled "quick before it sinks" the professor concludes that the island is rapidly sinking and will soon go under - it turned out it was just that Gilligan had been using the professors water-line measuring stick as a tether for his lobster traps and was taking it deeper and deeper in pursuit of bigger lobsters šŸ¤£ -

So they build this big ark thing to try to survive. And a big storm hits and they believe they're island is gone and their ark is sinking and they're going to die and they're getting things off their chest.

Mr Howell says

"darling I want to thank you for 10 of the happiest years a man could ask for"

"We've been married for 15 years dearā€¦"

"I know, the last 5 have been a little shakyā€¦."

šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

The man is a legend!