Hey everyone! Im new to Wyoming (Laramie) and new to the forum! Excited to be in both spaces. I am a transplant from the southeast (Western NC) and am a self taught hunter starting when I was in my mid 20's. I was hoping on advice for some good groups in the area that could help me make some connections here in the hunting world. No one in my family hunts and have been a solo hunter for the entire time that I have been loving the sport. Im looking to change that and am hoping this would be a good place to get pointed in the right direction for like minded ethical/etiquette based hunters. I have mostly focused on rifle hunting, and small game (love squirrel season!), but about a year and a half ago started to get into archery. Western hunting seems much more daunting to me and any help/advice would be appreciated. Also, if anyone is looking/willing to link up and and have a scouting and or hunting partner please reach out. Thanks in advance and I hope everyone has successful harvests for the upcoming seasons!
I am a Louisiana transplant in Laramie WY myself,been a hunter my whole life and have hunted different areas in Wyoming. Nice to see the South is rising! LOL

Find yourself a good local gun shop/fly shop/sporting goods store (in Wyoming that may be the same place!) and spend as much time and money there as you can get away with. You can also join the local conservation groups such as Trout Unlimited or the Rocky Mountains Elk Foundation, and go to the local meetings. You can also often find like-minded people at church.

Find yourself a good local gun shop/fly shop/sporting goods store (in Wyoming that may be the same place!) and spend as much time and money there as you can get away with. You can also join the local conservation groups such as Trout Unlimited or the Rocky Mountains Elk Foundation, and go to the local meetings. You can also often find like-minded people at church.
Or the local bars, at least you will already have One thing in common going in the door!

Hey everyone! Im new to Wyoming (Laramie) and new to the forum! Excited to be in both spaces. I am a transplant from the southeast (Western NC) and am a self taught hunter starting when I was in my mid 20's. I was hoping on advice for some good groups in the area that could help me make some connections here in the hunting world. No one in my family hunts and have been a solo hunter for the entire time that I have been loving the sport. Im looking to change that and am hoping this would be a good place to get pointed in the right direction for like minded ethical/etiquette based hunters. I have mostly focused on rifle hunting, and small game (love squirrel season!), but about a year and a half ago started to get into archery. Western hunting seems much more daunting to me and any help/advice would be appreciated. Also, if anyone is looking/willing to link up and and have a scouting and or hunting partner please reach out. Thanks in advance and I hope everyone has successful harvests for the upcoming seasons!
Welcome to hunting! I hunted for thirty years mostly by myself and looking back, it was dangerous. I could have broken a leg or fell down a mountain side. Now I hunt with five of the best people on earth. Please make some new friends and hunt and watch out for each other. It is so much safer. Where do you live?

You might try hanging around the West Laramie Fly Store just to see who you might run into. I often stop there for a bit when on trips through that area. Also you might as well take up fly fishing while you are near the Snowy Range and the various lakes to the south of Laramie.

WyoWind

If you are very new to WY, you can still put in for non-resident deer and antelope tags this year. Non-resident elk closed at the end of January. I think you have until the end of May to put in for non-resident deer and antelope.

Go to https://wgfd.wyo.gov/ to get more information.

WyoWind

Welcome to Wyoming. Good advice so far. The West Laramie Fly Store is the pro tip.

The Laramie Rifle Range is North of town past the landfill. Members have access daylight/365. Haven't shot there. Pretty awesome I hear. If I was in Laramie I would be a member.

If you find yourself in Cheyenne just east of town and south of I-80 is the Shooting Sports Complex. If you can, make a point of stopping in. That one is a pretty a nice facility. I was there 4 years ago, it impressed me. I'm probably pretty easy that way though.

If you find yourself in Cheyenne just east of town and south of I-80 is the Shooting Sports Complex. If you can, make a point of stopping in. That one is a pretty a nice facility. I was there 4 years ago, it impressed me. I'm probably pretty easy that way though.

Can you describe the different ranges they have available? I couldn't find any description of the facilities on their website.

Recent Posts