BrotherC

Hey everyone! Im new to Wyoming (Laramie) and new to the forum! Excited to be in both spaces. I am a transplant from the southeast (Western NC) and am a self taught hunter starting when I was in my mid 20's. I was hoping on advice for some good groups in the area that could help me make some connections here in the hunting world. No one in my family hunts and have been a solo hunter for the entire time that I have been loving the sport. Im looking to change that and am hoping this would be a good place to get pointed in the right direction for like minded ethical/etiquette based hunters. I have mostly focused on rifle hunting, and small game (love squirrel season!), but about a year and a half ago started to get into archery. Western hunting seems much more daunting to me and any help/advice would be appreciated. Also, if anyone is looking/willing to link up and and have a scouting and or hunting partner please reach out. Thanks in advance and I hope everyone has successful harvests for the upcoming seasons!

Hey everyone! Im new to Wyoming (Laramie) and new to the forum! Excited to be in both spaces. I am a transplant from the southeast (Western NC) and am a self taught hunter starting when I was in my mid 20's. I was hoping on advice for some good groups in the area that could help me make some connections here in the hunting world. No one in my family hunts and have been a solo hunter for the entire time that I have been loving the sport. Im looking to change that and am hoping this would be a good place to get pointed in the right direction for like minded ethical/etiquette based hunters. I have mostly focused on rifle hunting, and small game (love squirrel season!), but about a year and a half ago started to get into archery. Western hunting seems much more daunting to me and any help/advice would be appreciated. Also, if anyone is looking/willing to link up and and have a scouting and or hunting partner please reach out. Thanks in advance and I hope everyone has successful harvests for the upcoming seasons!
Got my first and only antelope so far from Laramie it is cattle ranch open to the public through the access Yes program. hunting out there with a bow would be daunting to say the least ranges increase dramatically from where you were to where you are now good luck with your endeavors I'm sure you'll find some good people out there to partner up with and welcome to the forum from Tennessee

Welcome from North Carolina. I use to hunt Wyoming as often as I could, but more now in New Mexico. I still think being in the mountains are as close to god as any place on earth. Enjoy your time there and learn as much as you can from the locals. It will greatly increase your chances on being successful in the future.

Got my first and only antelope so far from Laramie it is cattle ranch open to the public through the access Yes program. hunting out there with a bow would be daunting to say the least ranges increase dramatically from where you were to where you are now good luck with your endeavors I'm sure you'll find some good people out there to partner up with and welcome to the forum from Tennessee
Do you remember the name of the ranch that you used?

I'm ready to move to WY but the wife wants to stay close to the grand kids.
Hey a lot of us are in the same boat ! My favorite line is ,
I could move somewhere where hunting and fishing is great, but no kids or grandchildren to share the hunting with and I'll miss the weekly soccer,waterpolo games and stuff!

Welcome to the forum! There is lots of good information here, from good people with lots of expertise.(excluding myself) If you have a question, there are many that can give you the answer.

So far from Laramie.....not very helpful....how far? NM....Southern TX, 🤣?

Recent Posts