Mass Shootings - Why?

This supports my argument why we see more crime. Because there isn't the punishment to deter the crime anymore.

That seems to be a problem everywhere. For whatever reason, our courthouses seem to have installled revolving doors.
No accountability increases the chances of a repeat, but they dont seem to care.
I dont know if its the prosecutors fault, the lack of manpower to effectively investigate, or lax laws but it definately affects things.

THIS is one that really p****s me off!
Put policies in place to PURPOSELY thwart law enforcement???? WTH!?
And then WONDER why we have school shootings????

Thank you for posting that. I've known for a long time that dicipline at school was lax, but Innever dreamed they would purposely not cooperate with law enforcement.
That puts the blame squarely on the shoulders of whoever enacted such bs.

Not that blame brings back slain kids or teachers.

Read the article in Red State this morning about the mother that was handcuffed, let lose, broke free and rescued her kids. Is even half true, we have some big problems, and Butterbean and others just might bloodhounds seeking the truth. Cant seem to post a link on my phone.
I read about that yesterday. Sounds like somebody in local LE tried to silence her about it too.
I also read that one of the teachers who died was married to a local officer and that he was also not allowed to go in?

Lots of unanswered questions.

Making a law because God thinks it is a sin is applicable.
This is classic secular humanism and relativism. The phrase, "separation of church and state" is widely misunderstood and misused.

Our nation was founded on a bedrock of Judeo-Christian values. These values were codified in secular form while expunging its Author from public discourse. Indeed, without this bedrock our Founding Fathers concluded that our country could not endure. The main difference between the bloody and failed French Revolution and ours is that we adopted an immutable set of values from a Higher Power that the Jacobins in France did not.

Nowhere in the Constitution is the phrase, "separation of church and state" used. This first appears in Virginia where the Baptists sought elimination of the official state religion, Anglican (Episcopalian), because they felt their ability to practice their religion was threatened. The Founders widely agreed with the Baptists, and thus encoded this idea in the First Amendment, as you quoted.

However, the Founders, even those who were not Christian, thought religion essential. None would have thought to toss out the very basis of our eduction, laws, and culture (Christian Paideia).

Americans understood that Freedom without morality quickly degenerates into debauchery. Tragically, we are now seen this degeneration and its ugly consequences in real time.

Bill Flax wrote in Forbes magazine, "Whether from sincere faith, or, prudence instilling an honest, law-abiding, responsible and hardworking populace, all esteemed biblical morality as the bedrock of self government. George Washington believed, 'Religion and morality are indispensible supports' for 'it is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible.'"

The very framework of our Constitution was based on the idea that God clearly instructed us what is sinful.

Reading on the articles posted above, one could come to the conclusion that the govement are responsible for these mass shooting. Which their threats of pulling funds from schools, and no doubt law enforcement.
The govement could take all legal guns and the killing won't stop. There are so many ways to commit mass murder, without a gun.
Most of these killings could be stopped. But it would take the people deciding enough is enough. Clean out the current administration clean out congress and senate. Put people in there that care. Working people, not lawyers and politicians, liberals and closet liberals. People that will keep promises and care about the folks that they represent. If they fail to do so fire them. Tearm limits for all. No benefits, no retirement. But guess that's not in the cards. To many want everything for nothing. It can't keep going that way.
Those that pay for fuel to make a living, mainly truckers are parking their trucks, because everything goes to fuel. They can't feed their familes. Things are getting bad fast.
The govement wants this country in the tank.
If the other side that vote for the trash we have, the day will come when they'll regret what they've done. By then it'll be to late.

The govement wants this country in the tank.
The current administration, Brandon & ilk are doing just that, they are globalists & there can be no global re-set with a Strong United America. Brandon talks of unity but all of his actions do nothing but to divide us.
We all should be Americans first.

The current administration, Brandon & ilk are doing just that, they are globalists & there can be no global re-set with a Strong United America. Brandon talks of unity but all of his actions do nothing but to divide us.
We all should be Americans first.

i think this is the driving force behind a lot of stuff going on these days. go listen to klaus schwab talk about the great reset. he sounds like the bad guy from every bond movie.

This is classic secular humanism and relativism. The phrase, "separation of church and state" is widely misunderstood and misused.

Our nation was founded on a bedrock of Judeo-Christian values. These values were codified in secular form while expunging its Author from public discourse. Indeed, without this bedrock our Founding Fathers concluded that our country could not endure. The main difference between the bloody and failed French Revolution and ours is that we adopted an immutable set of values from a Higher Power that the Jacobins in France did not.

Nowhere in the Constitution is the phrase, "separation of church and state" used. This first appears in Virginia where the Baptists sought elimination of the official state religion, Anglican (Episcopalian), because they felt their ability to practice their religion was threatened. The Founders widely agreed with the Baptists, and thus encoded this idea in the First Amendment, as you quoted.

However, the Founders, even those who were not Christian, thought religion essential. None would have thought to toss out the very basis of our eduction, laws, and culture (Christian Paideia).

Americans understood that Freedom without morality quickly degenerates into debauchery. Tragically, we are now seen this degeneration and its ugly consequences in real time.

Bill Flax wrote in Forbes magazine, "Whether from sincere faith, or, prudence instilling an honest, law-abiding, responsible and hardworking populace, all esteemed biblical morality as the bedrock of self government. George Washington believed, 'Religion and morality are indispensible supports' for 'it is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible.'"

The very framework of our Constitution was based on the idea that God clearly instructed us what is sinful.
First, George Washington never said 'Religion and morality are indispensable supports' for 'it is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible.'"

In his farewell address he said "Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim the tribute of patriotism, who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness, these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. The mere politician, equally with the pious man, ought to respect and to cherish them. A volume could not trace all their connections with private and public felicity. Let it simply be asked: Where is the security for property, for reputation, for life, if the sense of religious obligation desert the oaths which are the instruments of investigation in courts of justice ? And let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion. Whatever may be conceded to the influence of refined education on minds of peculiar structure, reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle."

Some of the founding fathers were deists while others were a mixture of christianity and deism while the rest were different flavors of christianity. Even when it comes to christianity there are issues with saying we are a christian nation because there are so many different forms of christianity as you pointed out with the issue that caused the first use of the phrase. Washington, Jefferson, Franklin, Madison and Monroe were considered deists as was Franklin. I think it has been argued that some were a christian with a smattering of deism. The principle behind deism is that you believe in a supreme being or creator who does not intervene in the universe. They reject the belief in a supernatural deity who interacts with humankind. So when Washington talks about religion, it does not matter if it is christianity, judaism, islam, deism, or any other religion as long as it promotes morality and a creator. Christians are not the only ones who fall into this category.

When people misuse the term separation of church and state, its because they interpret it to be freedom from religion when its freedom of religion.

It's long but worth the read

COLUMBINE STUDENT'S FATHER 12 YEARS LATER !!
Guess our national leaders didn't expect this. On Thursday, Darrell Scott, the father of Rachel Scott, a victim of the Columbine High School shootings in Littleton, Colorado, was invited to address the House Judiciary Committee's subcommittee. What he said to our national leaders during this special session of Congress was painfully truthful.

They were not prepared for what he was to say, nor was it received well. It needs to be heard by every parent, every teacher, every politician, every sociologist, every psychologist, and every so-called expert! These courageous words spoken by Darrell Scott are powerful, penetrating, and deeply personal. There is no doubt that God sent this man as a voice crying in the wilderness.. The following is a portion of the transcript:
"Since the dawn of creation there has been both good & evil in the hearts of men and women. We all contain the seeds of kindness or the seeds of violence. The death of my wonderful daughter, Rachel Joy Scott, and the deaths of that heroic teacher, and the other eleven children who died must not be in vain. Their blood cries out for answers.

"The first recorded act of violence was when Cain slew his brother Abel out in the field. The villain was not the club he used.. Neither was it the NCA, the National Club Association. The true killer was Cain, and the reason for the murder could only be found in Cain's heart.

"In the days that followed the Columbine tragedy, I was amazed at how quickly fingers began to be pointed at groups such as the NRA. I am not a member of the NRA. I am not a hunter. I do not even own a gun. I am not here to represent or defend the NRA - because I don't believe that they are responsible for my daughter's death.

Therefore I do not believe that they need to be defended. If I believed they had anything to do with Rachel's murder I would be their strongest opponent.

I am here today to declare that Columbine was not just a tragedy -- it was a spiritual event that should be forcing us to look at where the real blame lies! Much of the blame lies here in this room. Much of the blame lies behind the pointing fingers of the accusers themselves. I wrote a poem just four nights ago that expresses my feelings best.

Your laws ignore our deepest needs,
Your words are empty air.
You've stripped away our heritage,
You've outlawed simple prayer.
Now gunshots fill our classrooms,
And precious children die.
You seek for answers everywhere,
And ask the question "Why?"
You regulate restrictive laws,
Through legislative creed.
And yet you fail to understand,
That God is what we need!

"Men and women are three-part beings. We all consist of body, mind, and spirit. When we refuse to acknowledge a third part of our make-up, we create a void that allows evil, prejudice, and hatred to rush in and wreak havoc. Spiritual presences were present within our educational systems for most of our nation's history. Many of our major colleges began as theological seminaries. This is a historical fact. What has happened to us as a nation? We have refused to honor God, and in so doing, we open the doors to hatred and violence. And when something as terrible as Columbine's tragedy occurs -- politicians immediately look for a scapegoat such as the NRA. They immediately seek to pass more restrictive laws that contribute to erode away our personal and private liberties. We do not need more restrictive laws. Eric and Dylan would not have been stopped by metal detectors. No amount of gun laws can stop someone who spends months planning this type of massacre. The real villain lies within our own hearts.

"As my son Craig lay under that table in the school library and saw his two friends murdered before his very eyes, he did not hesitate to pray in school. I defy any law or politician to deny him that right! I challenge every young person in America , and around the world, to realize that on April 20, 1999, at Columbine High School prayer was brought back to our schools. Do not let the many prayers offered by those students be in vain. Dare to move into the new millennium with a sacred disregard for legislation that violates your God-given right to communicate with Him. To those of you who would point your finger at the NRA -- I give to you a sincere challenge.. Dare to examine your own heart before casting the first stone!

My daughter's death will not be in vain! The young people of this country will not allow that to happen!"

- Darrell Scott
Do what the media did not - - let the nation hear this man's speech. Please send this out to everyone you can.
God Bless

~Charles

First, George Washington never said 'Religion and morality are indispensable supports' for 'it is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible.'"

In his farewell address he said "Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim the tribute of patriotism, who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness, these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. The mere politician, equally with the pious man, ought to respect and to cherish them. A volume could not trace all their connections with private and public felicity. Let it simply be asked: Where is the security for property, for reputation, for life, if the sense of religious obligation desert the oaths which are the instruments of investigation in courts of justice ? And let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion. Whatever may be conceded to the influence of refined education on minds of peculiar structure, reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle."

Some of the founding fathers were deists while others were a mixture of christianity and deism while the rest were different flavors of christianity. Even when it comes to christianity there are issues with saying we are a christian nation because there are so many different forms of christianity as you pointed out with the issue that caused the first use of the phrase. Washington, Jefferson, Franklin, Madison and Monroe were considered deists as was Franklin. I think it has been argued that some were a christian with a smattering of deism. The principle behind deism is that you believe in a supreme being or creator who does not intervene in the universe. They reject the belief in a supernatural deity who interacts with humankind. So when Washington talks about religion, it does not matter if it is christianity, judaism, islam, deism, or any other religion as long as it promotes morality and a creator. Christians are not the only ones who fall into this category.

When people misuse the term separation of church and state, its because they interpret it to be freedom from religion when its freedom of religion.
In this you are correct.

It is the risk of believing someone else's quote without checking. Indeed, GW's Farewell Address of September 19, 1791, nowhere is found the phrase, "It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible". This is apparently an example of the frequent misattribution to a Founding Father. Much like the oft quoted adage, "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" was never spoken by Sir Edmund Burke.

And I agree with your final statement. The phrase does not mean freedom from religion when it means freedom of religion, which brings us back to the First Amendment.

It is the risk of believing someone else's quote without checking. Indeed, GW's Farewell Address of September 19, 1791, nowhere is found the phrase "It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible". This is apparently an example of the frequent misattribution to a Founding Father. Much like the oft quoted adage, "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" was never spoken by Sir Edmund Burke.
Regardless of who uttered these phrases & when, it does not mean that they are not a valid statement today & for future generations.
I Greatly concur with you both on :
"The phrase does not mean freedom FROM religion, when it means freedom OF religion, which brings us back to the First Amendment"