Mass Shootings - Why?

Regardless of who uttered these phrases & when, it does not mean that they are not a valid statement today & for future generations.
I Greatly concur with you both on :
"The phrase does not mean freedom FROM religion, when it means freedom OF religion, which brings us back to the First Amendment"
Agree wholeheartedly. Although Washington may not have used the exact phrasing, "...God and the Bible" in his speech he clearly communicated this same essence, to wit:

"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, Religion and morality are indispensable supports."

"And let us with caution indulge the supposition, that morality can be maintained without religion. Whatever may be conceded to the influence of refined education on minds of peculiar structure—reason & experience both forbid us to expect that National morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle." (https://founders.archives.gov/documents/Washington/05-20-02-0440-0002)

Agree wholeheartedly. Although Washington may not have used the exact phrasing, "...God and the Bible" in his speech he clearly communicated this same essence, to wit:

"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, Religion and morality are indispensable supports."

"And let us with caution indulge the supposition, that morality can be maintained without religion. Whatever may be conceded to the influence of refined education on minds of peculiar structure—reason & experience both forbid us to expect that National morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle." (https://founders.archives.gov/documents/Washington/05-20-02-0440-0002)
Except that there is no mention of the Bible so you can substitute Koran or Torah for the Bible

And, finally, a welcome, no-nonsense, non-political approach to the problem - - -
harden schools.PNG

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/senate-bill-unused-covid-money-school-security-mass-shootings

Agreed. Sensible and practical. We are accustomed to security at concerts, trade shows, banks, airports, all sorts of places. Our congress feels it needs to have armed security everywhere they go (at our expense!) and requires a prison-like system surrounding the Capitol.

I would argue that our kids are much more important than any senator or congressman. They deserve the same or better protection.

Fire doors that open one way. A single point of monitored access. Elimination of the terrible "gun free" zone laws. Armed, skilled, and experienced (and brave-unlike Scot Peterson at Parkland!) school resource officers.

With the way our federal government spends money, they should be able to scrape up a few billion for the public schools in the nation. The Feds have appropriated some $53 billion to aid Ukraine. Divided among 99,000 or so public schools, that would be over $500 million per school!!

I had to take my boots off to do that math. So I may be off.
Double check it for me.
I know. I had to run it twice with my calculator.

53 with 9 zeros divided by
99 with 3 zeros...
I think it's right.

"...a few billion here, a few billion there. Pretty soon we are talking about big money!"

Owning and shooting lot of guns has desensitized me to numbers of zeros in a price tag.

Jesus is the Way, the Truth & the Life, Period. Only His sacrifice is sufficient for our redemption.
Bible only, anything else falls short & leads people astray.
That's your belief which is your constitutional right just like everyone else has a constitutional right to believe what they want to so a muslim can say Allah and the Quran rather than God and the Bible and a jew can say Yahweh and the Torah. Of course, a whole other discussion would be that they are all the same god since we are all descendants of Abraham so why is everyone at each other's throats over it.

That's your belief which is your constitutional right just like everyone else has a constitutional right to believe what they want to so a muslim can say Allah and the Quran rather than God and the Bible and a jew can say Yahweh and the Torah. Of course, a whole other discussion would be that they are all the same god since we are all descendants of Abraham so why is everyone at each other's throats over it.
I concur with Jessej :
"I don't believe in Jesus.
I KNOW Jesus! Period."

This does not come from something the Constitution grants, It comes from the New Covenant of the Almighty Himself, Established far ahead of the U.S.
Its not a belief, it is Reality.....one that is not subjective or changeable.
Denying the truth, does not erase it as some would state now days. Black will always be black, White will always be white no matter how much some want to say otherwise or twist the facts to fit their own wishes.