Looking for a good all around bullet for .308 win.

Choose 3 bullets you would reccomend for the above described purpose.

• Total voters
I am in the process of reevaluating a bullet choice for my .308 win Rem VLS. I will mostly be shooting targets and rock chucks in practice for shooting LR deer. I am considering accuracy and BC and terminal performance on deer first and varmints second. These choices are all within my price range.

I am making this a poll to reduce any chance of starting the same ol' discussion and to encourage participation from those who are sick of answering this type of question for everyone in every caliber.

Please post any comments you feel are HELPFUL.

I will ask the almighty mods to nuke any arguments. The whole thread if necessary.
I voted 168 matchking but I would not hesitate to shoot a deer with any bullet on the list if it was accurate in my rifle.

For Hunting in 308 Win

165gr SBTHP Gameking
165 Silvertip
165 Nosler BT

For Target
168 Sierra MK
168 Hornady BTHP
175gr OTM Berger

IMR 4064 and Varget and Reloader 15.5
This is the most perfect choices for 308 on this thread, PERIOD. My experience would replace the 168 Hornady with 168BergerVLD for both target and hunting, if I could have only one bullet it would be 168VLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really like the 168 amaxs in my 308s really good on white tail and shooting steel.i still I have switch my main 308 over to hammer bullets but I still shot amaxs at steel/targets and my other 308 I shoot amaxs and 168 classic hunters out of it.the amaxs are bad medicine on white tail if you don't use copper bullets

So I'm going to through a curve into this discussion. I been trying to go as heavy as a can with the 308 and run them fast as I can at mag length and be safe. I ran some Hornady 195ELDM, 212 ELDX, 210VLD's, and the 210ABLR. I have ran all them above 2600fps at there top velocities to see if I could. They all ran there but the 212 with its longer bearing surface gave me the slowest speed and I was pushing it the hardest to get just over 2600fps. Top of Hodgins charge data. Not a good load either. But I started looking at the data and decided I could suffer about 100fps and still make 1000ft/lbs at 1000 yards around 2500fps. The 210ABLR produce a really good sub MOA group at 2525fps on average at 2.830 OAL for bullet length. CFE223 was my powder choice. Running at 43 grains. This was safe in my rifle. It's also a 1/10 twist so the bullets are fully stable. Also the barrel is 26 inch in length. I was quite surprised when this load grouped the best out of the Berger's, Hornady, and Nosler's. The other 2 was pretty close but would need more load tuning and probably not make the mag length of what I was looking for. I also have a EC tuner brake so I cold probably just tune them in that way also but haven't tried yet. This is my beginning testing so far. I want to shoot more of these groups to see if they hold for speed and groups. If so then out to 1000 for testing. Somewhat of a Unicorn bullet but they are supposed to work down to 1300fps on the slow side.