Best "All Around" Bullet for 300 WSM

I shoot a Tikka T3 lite 300wsm. I have had good results with Federal Fusion 165,Black Hills 178 grain and some hand loaded Hornady GMX 165s. The only load that my tikka didn't seem to like as well was the Winchester loaded with 150 grain ballistic silver tips. They still shot decent but the 165-168 grain bullets seem to have shot the best.

I shoot the 7.82 Lazzeroni Patriot which is very similar to the 300 WSM, I started with the 150 TSX & RL-19 (ES & SD both single digits), which my rifle absolutely LOVED, I was able to make first shot hits on targets out to 967yds (farthest tried), of course retained velocity & energy were terrible due to the low B.C. So I moved on to RL-19 & the 180 MRX @ 3150, good accuracy but as I started to weight sort, I notice WAY too much of a weight spread (up to 2grains in one box), so now I am on to the 168 TTSX (much better weight spread) with RL-17. So far it's showing some promise but still in the eval stages.

I figure the 168 TTSX @ ~3300 will be plenty for what I intend to do with it, I was disappointed with the MRX as my hunting partner has GREAT success at 500 and in with his 7RM, but alas, I wanted/expected better, I guess that's why Barnes has announced the discontinuation of the MRX.

My rifle loves the Factory loaded Barnes 168 gr TTSX load. Just got the rifle ,but this load is scary accurate with the load. I shoot Barnes bullets in all my rifles & never had any issues about performance on game up to elk.

My 300 wsm will not shoot the accubonds worth a darn but it realy likes the combined technology 180 ballistic silvertips and they have proven very...... VERY effective on elk, dear and bear but they seam to pass threw coyotes without opening up.... cheaper than the accubonds also. I here good things about the berger 185 but I have not had a chance to test it yet. Options are a good thing.
Yep spot on. Winchester Supreme BST in my Browning BAR Safari all day long. Not the best for clean meat but deadly.

I have a Browning A-bolt titanium with a Bartlein barrel. I started years ago looking for light, flat shooting, fast bullets. I went with 165 gr. Accubonds. I only had modest results, 1.2" groups. Switched to ablr's with similar results. Then all the heavy for caliber trends came about and I switched to 200 gr. Hornady ELDX. That was my sweet load. I have it dialed in out to 900 yards. 9/16" groups at 100 yds.

Long Time, what is a GS bullet? Also, anyone have experience in the 300 wsm with a Barnes TTSX or MRX?
I shot a WSM for a few years and it shot fantastic and killed all it was pointed at. I was using 180 grain TTSX with RL19. My best friend used the rifle a couple of times when he came out to Montana and b ought it from me. I still load for him and send the bullets back to NY.

Can't resist……I love posting on threads older than I am! 😂

Any of the monos available now……..provided that the impact bullet speed is kept above the reliable expansion velocity!

Unless the ranges are on the extreme side…..there is nothing better than a mono for all around use! If extreme ranges and low impact velocities are virtually guaranteed……then the delicate, fragmenting bullets are more desirable! Provided they don't encounter a "house fly" in route! 😂 memtb

I shot a 300WSM for years and my go to was the 180 grain Accubond, at 2950 fps. I could get more velocity, but in the twist rates of my barrels, Savage 12, and Browning A Bolt, the same load produced the best results for both rifles. Lights out accurate, took many whitetails, 500 plus yards the farthest. I took a couple of elk with the Savage, and both died within 20 yards of impact.