all around 7mm bullet

270bdl

What do you guys think is the best all around 7mm bullet? I've had good results on paper at least with a 150 gr. nosler partition.

elk at long range. factory chamber, the accubond. deer, the 162gr. amax or the accubond. If you're going to build a rifle i would look at the 200gr. wildcat

I do not mean to highjack the post, but I have looked at a lot of ballistic tables, and for me, out to 500 yards, it would be the 140gr Ballistic Tip, for deer size game. I know that if you want longer down range performance, the heavier bullets take over, but for shear flat trajectory out to 500 or 600 yards, I like the 140.
Is my thinking right? (Question for the experts)

RidgeRooster

RidgeRooster, have you tried the 140 Accubonds, basically the same as the 140 Ballistic Tip but in the bonded format.

I am voting for the 160 Accubond as well though, for best all around. They worked well for me on Elk this year.

dwm

I will cast my vote for the 160 gr Nosler Partition. With it, I've taken 2 elk (Az and NM), 1 moose (BC), and 2 caribou (NWT). No shot was beyond 200 yds. They may not be the ultimate LR bullet, but Partitions in many different calibres have NEVER let me down. Accuracy is generally adequate and they ALWAYS penetrate. Now, I've only shot Accubonds at paper, but in 2 weeks, I'm going to Mexico to hunt coues whitetails with the 165 AB in my 300 WM. If anyone is interested, I'll be happy to post my results. The shots at coues deer are often very long. I hope I'm up to the task--I know that the rifle and bullet are.....Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.