• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Lawton 8000 action sale

Just to inform everyone of the truth the company has been purchased and is working hard to get this mess straightened out. I will NOT go into details but bad stuff went on and if you have a outstanding order with Lawton everything possible is being done to get the old orders out as quickly as possible. Wait times are going to vary of course but just please be patient we are doing everything that we can.

If anyone needs to make contact please email us at [email protected]. Please don't try calling us yet we have a lot to do.

Last edited:
From the way it sounds emails are not being answered either, so why would you tell people to email questions? I was all geared up ready to buy an action then I read this, too big of risk for my money. Hope the company gets things straightened out. sounds like the reputation will be murky at best for quite a while.

Yes probably so, there has been problems as i stated. Right now our main concern is to get these taken care of. We are answering emails several times a day and working to get every bodys stuff out to them.

Bobby~

I thought you were fired from the company...

What's you're affiliation with Lawton Machine at the present time?

I dont want to tell anyone how to run a business but you have some very upset customers right now and a phone call would go a LONG way. I know in my business an email doesnt always cut it. If there are people registering complaints and the Sheriffs office is conducting an investigations I would think some phone time would be a worth while investment. Do you have a projection of when you think you will be caught up?

I dont want to tell anyone how to run a business but you have some very upset customers right now and a phone call would go a LONG way. I know in my business an email doesnt always cut it. If there are people registering complaints and the Sheriffs office is conducting an investigations I would think some phone time would be a worth while investment. Do you have a projection of when you think you will be caught up?

If we spend all the time on the phone then nothing would get done. We do answer messages from the phone and will call you back when time allows. We are not taking any new orders just trying to get things straight with the existing ones. The Sheriffs office is not investigating Lawton Machine but some ex-employees. We cant say when but the new owners are working on a business plan that should give us more insight soon to when things will be caught up.

Joel
I was not fired but layed-off. I have been in here helping for nothing to get people taken care of.

Last edited:
Joel
I was not fired but layed-off. I have been in here helping for nothing to get people taken care of.

That speaks volumes of you Bobby. Keep up the good work.
I'm sure those people that have been waiting for years to get their stuff really appreciate it.

If we spend all the time on the phone then nothing would get done. We do answer messages from the phone and will call you back when time allows. We are not taking any new orders just trying to get things straight with the existing ones. The Sheriffs office is not investigating Lawton Machine but some ex-employees. We cant say when but the new owners are working on a business plan that should give us more insight soon to when things will be caught up.

Joel

I really hope you guys get it squared away cause i have wanted and a 7500 for a long time. And I agree with Joel That is very generous of you to step in and help. I realize nothing would get done if all the time was spent on the phone and maybe I am wrong but how many actions can possible be back ordered? I would think a half day or maybe a day of a guy or 2 making phone calls would set everyone at ease. Either way good luck and hopefully when they get going again they take you back on as an employee because dedication like that is invaluable.

Yes probably so, there has been problems as i stated. Right now our main concern is to get these taken care of. We are answering emails several times a day and working to get every bodys stuff out to them.

To set the record straight and to squash unfounded rumours and to allay fears, I can emphatically state that there are some actions coming out of Lawtons albeit at a slow rate however it appears that Bobby L is speaking the truth in this matter and yes there are various issues that need resolving within Lawton that are none of our business.
I can say this because my smith only recently received a shipment of actions and he has also told me that Lawton are honouring their committment and need time to resolve various issues.
This will take some more time and I suppose we will all just have to bide our time for things to work out.

Well got screwed by them just before they went out of business, paid 2600$ for 338lm action+barrel+jewel trigger+3 Cheytac mags.
Had great contact during manufacturing, then all of a sudden they stopped answering the phone or emails, the least I was expecting was some kind of apologies and explainations even if that won't bring my money back. Seriously how the hell did they managed to screw up their business with the reputation they had?

The most frustrating is that as a foreign customer I couldn't even go there and see by myself the hell was going on, and just relied on intel found on the different forums.
That's truly a shame...

They do have computer rooms in prison.
They must have done pretty nasty things to all go to jail, the last news I've been able to find on internet was that Jackson Rose moved to another city, not that he was thrown in jail. Do you have more details?