• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Lawton 8000 action sale

I just received my barreled action today from Lawton. 375 Cheytac

I would like to say thanks to everyone at Lawton for a job well done. Took a little longer than I expected, but the wait was well worth it.

Sidehill when did you order yoursI ordered a 375 snipetac in may of last year and was told it would be 8-12 weeks and still have not heard anything
robster

ROBSTER

I think I placed the order with Lawton last May or June. A little bit of a wait but worth it. The quality on my barreled action was well worth it. They told me 8 to 12 weeks also when I ordered mine. I dont know all the details but I know they had a few issues for a while, but they have most of that resolved now from what I have heard.

I would not mind the wait if they could communicate just a little better.Was told that they had some employee problems. Ihope all is better and it`s worth the wait.
robster

Jackson, that is a super offer. I appreciate you choosing our site for the sale.

Len,

What is happening at Lawton Machine.
I am hearing various stories that LM moved from Dillon Montana to somewhere in Wyoming and that was supposed to have happened earlier this year.
Word going about was that their new premises were still awaiting the pouring of new concrete and new electrical work for their relocated machinery.
Also I hear their production Jackson Rose walked out on LM and that LM do not have CNC machine operators to build actions.
Are LM back in production and clearing their backlog of orders or what?
I currently have a long range rifle built on their 8500 action and it is a real treat of a rifle, so much so that I want to rebuild my two Weatherbies and so I want to order two more 8500 actions but am hearing bad stories about LM.
Can you or anybody shed any light as to where the truth really lies in all this.

Any feedback would be most appreciated

Thanks

Ridge

I have not heard anything from them. They didn't answer an email from me a month ago.

I ordered a 8000 barreled action and dies in 375 snipetac in april of 2010 recieved a 375 cheytac in may of 2011 and no dies and machine work not done. Called and e-mailed them no reply at all.Don`t figure.
Robster

Same story here guys. Paid in Dec 2010.. They don't answer emails,phones or letters.. Guess I'm out a large deposit till they decide to get nice...I can see why they want to move.. Alot of ****ed off people out there...gun)

I owned a couple of lawton actions a few ago when barney ran it and the same lies and months of waitng for actions of poor quality. I solved all my problems by forgetting about lawton and getting rid of the actions and called bat and never looked back. I have four bats now without any isuues what so ever. Bats took me 6 months to get but they told me up front and did as they said everytime.

I hate to post negative comments about any body but this was my experince with lawton and know more people with the same feelings as me.

Lawton does not answer emails or phone calls. Jackson Rose has moved to Missoula MT..I lodged complaints with The Mont Atty Gen and Beaverhead County Sheriff today.. There is an investigation ongoing. I am not the first..gun)SO if you send them money be advised..