Irresponsible bullet manufacturers

Amen Brother.... Hornaday is about the only Honest manufacturers left. Their prices went up reasonably when most all others Doubled.....if you could get them! My shelves were almost full with Hornaday for the 2 years everyone else went virtually EXTINCT.
The shelves were pretty red around here during the shortage too.

Hey now! Don't you know imr7828 is an outdated and useless powder!?!? 😁😁😁😁
Temp sensitive, single base, made by IMR???? You don't need that boring old nonsense, don't you know that unless your running h1000, retumbo, or rl26 in a magnum you might as well just shoot a .308, and at that point you're basically just as well to throw rocks and save your money, same trajectory! send that archaic old powder to me, I'll take it off your hands free of charge, waiving my usual "disposal fee" 🤣

I love the stuff, and accurate shooter did load
Work up with the 195 tipped matchking, which is about as similar to the 195 eld m as it's possible to be, including 7828 powder.

Your charge weight sounds appropriate and roughly in keeping with their findings here, as is the velocity. Image of freely published data provided free of charge!!! 🤣.

I really have felt smug these last years watching people almost willing to sell their soul or fight to the death out of desperation for h1000, retumbo, rl26, and maybe n570 (though apparently barrel life with that one is about a dozen rounds, barrels get pricey at that pace of erosion 😁). Meanwhile I've been shooting 7828 and can't complain about a thing. Find it on auction from time to time too, still paying too much BUT it never goes for anything close to what h1000,retumbo,rl26, or rl-anything goes for.

Nobody seems to get too excited over 7828 anymore. It is the original magnum powder as far as I'm concerned, still the one against which I judge other slow burners, one of the best!

View attachment 511467
Were you using RL26 on those bottom right targets?

Were you using RL26 on those bottom right targets?
Those ain't my targets remember!!

But based on the absence of any bullet holes I can tell you exactly what happened, from what I've learned about on lrh!!!!

The cartridges involved experienced severe cold welding of the bullet to the case neck, the ensuing overpressure situation exacerbated by powder bridging and the use of temp sensitive powders in brass that wasn't made by Peterson, Lapua, Alpha, or ADG and therefore was unfit for reloading.

The bullet encountered a really bad carbon ring on the way out, and as the rifling wasn't 5R the situation was pretty well hopeless.

The position of the moon relative to the earth added a further destabilizing factor, as did the rotation of the earth and the wandering nature of our planet's magnetic field. A butterfly flapped it's wings near the target several days prior as well, and a swarm of mosquitos that had just taken blood from a guy that had eaten Mexican food was nearby, their flatulence causing micro turbulence that even the most experienced wind readers can't correct for accurately.

Further more, the projectiles failed to impart sufficient hydrodynamicelastichydraulicpyrostatic shock to the paper, and so the ones that did hit just bounced off.

But based on the absence of any bullet holes I can tell you exactly what happened, from what I've learned about on lrh!!!!

The cartridges involved experienced severe cold welding of the bullet to the case neck, the ensuing overpressure situation exacerbated by powder bridging and the use of temp sensitive powders in brass that wasn't made by Peterson, Lapua, Alpha, or ADG and therefore was unfit for reloading.

The bullet encountered a really bad carbon ring on the way out, and as the rifling wasn't 5R the situation was pretty well hopeless.

The position of the moon relative to the earth added a further destabilizing factor, as did the rotation of the earth and the wandering nature of our planet's magnetic field. A butterfly flapped it's wings near the target several days prior as well, and a swarm of mosquitos that had just taken blood from a guy that had eaten Mexican food was nearby, their flatulence causing micro turbulence that even the most experienced wind readers can't correct for accurately.

Further more, the projectiles failed to impart sufficient hydrodynamicelastichydraulicpyrostatic shock to the paper, and so the ones that did hit just bounced off.
Well my young friend I think you covered it pretty well. I now realize why I missed a deer a few years back with my .41 magnum. I totally forgot to take into account the mosquito flatulence. In my defense, it was late in the season, but still had not frosted. Hence the mosquitos were still alive.

I've had a blast reading all of y'alls responses to my rant but in my opinion the real issue is customer service I worked in the service industry for many years and my customers were my living and I did what ever it took to make them happy if they had an emergency and they called me in the middle of the night I answered and did what ever it took to fix their problem no matter what, now they paid for that service but if I could help them over the phone that didn't cost them one red cent they were my customers and I stood by my work if I tried to fix a problem and something needed tweaking I took care of if. And if any of y'all are naive enough to think these folks aren't making any money selling their products you had best think again. God bless all of y'all and God bless America
I hope while performing this 5-star customer service, you didn't compose 125 word sentences like this one. I'm exhausted!

And it was a Remington 6.5 Creed...need anything else be said 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

IMG_2679(1).jpg

Just because you spent $40 on a box of 30 cal bullets doesn't mean you should get all the 30 cal data for free. Spend the extra money and buy the book so they keep making books.
Speaking for myself…. I get the Hodgdon annual manual every couple of years. Costs less than a "big book". Usually around $10 -$12. HTH

You saved me from digging mine out lol. Good on you for helping him rather than criticizing him for not spending $30 on a dang book. I don't get what the big deal is, I paid for my books cause I like having them. I don't mind helping other people out with pictures and info. In particularly the people that only load a very select few cartridges. Everyone in the family knows they can use mine.