Stock manufacturers and related info

ADMIN

Administrator
i have an older model 12 savage varmit left hand.
it has a very undesirable composite stock with a narrow sporter type forend.
i bought the gun very reasonably from a friend who only wanted it for the scope it had.
id like to swap out the stock for something more appropriate.
im well aware of fine stockmakers like joel.
problem is i dont want to spend more than i paid for the gun for a different stock.
i am also capable of doing at least some of the work.
there are seeminly endless ammounts of stocks available that will allow for a so called drop right in.
that might in fact be true, unless you happen to be left handed.
boyds for example makes no stocks at all for left handers.
stockys stocks do, but almost none for a savage, and none at all for varmit weights.
richards micro fit will make anything, and they are reasonably priced.
you do have to finish them yourself however.
im glad this subject came up as it fits right in with my interest.

Please add Whidden Composite Works to the list. John and Burke make some great stocks and they are adding more styles all the time. They are great guys to deal with and both are shooters so they really know what it takes to make a good stock that works in the real world.

Whidden Composite Works

Please add Whidden Composite Works to the list. John and Burke make some great stocks and they are adding more styles all the time. They are great guys to deal with and both are shooters so they really know what it takes to make a good stock that works in the real world.

Whidden Composite Works
They also make a great drop in aluminum bedding block that will work for most stocks.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.