Irresponsible bullet manufacturers

GUNNNN

It burns my butt that if I spend my money to buy bullets from a bullet company that their answer to a data question is " well you need to spend more money and buy my data " Hornaday for example I've got some 123 amax bullets and i need some 6.5 prc data sent them a email to see about load data I even sent them a powder list and their was we'll sell it to ya that just ****es me off. Sorry for the vent and I know there are bullet companies that freely give you their data and I applaud them for doing so Barnes and Berger will amongst others

How is that irresponsible? They're providing a service that you're paying for (bullet manufacturing). Why should load data (also a service) be free? It's cool when it is, but to call out a mfg for being "irresponsible" when they won't give you stuff for free seems pretty out of line to me. Go buy a Hornady load book like the rest of us did.

I would speculate that for a company like Hornady to do some custom load development, the cost / manpower would be significant, especially if they did that very often. Custom load development is not really a core business for Hornady, I don't think. Unknown Munitions does this as their core business, so it may be worth giving them a call or email. You will still end up paying them, as this is a service that is not free from anyone.

I would speculate that for a company like Hornady to do some custom load development, the cost / manpower would be significant, especially if they did that very often. Custom load development is not really a core business for Hornady, I don't think. Unknown Munitions does this as their core business, so it may be worth giving them a call or email. You will still end up paying them, as this is a service that is not free from anyone.
I don't mind paying someone that I doing this for a business that has the equipment to do custom development on load data my grip is with bullet manufacturers that won't at very least give you some basic data to get started with. I sent Berger an email and they were kind enough to send me an extended list

How is that irresponsible? They're providing a service that you're paying for (bullet manufacturing). Why should load data (also a service) be free? It's cool when it is, but to call out a mfg for being "irresponsible" when they won't give you stuff for free seems pretty out of line to me. Go buy a Hornady load book like the rest of us did.
I've got more load manuals than I can count I didn't ask for the whole manual just some basic data on one bullet in one caliber

I don't mind paying someone that I doing this for a business that has the equipment to do custom development on load data my grip is with bullet manufacturers that won't at very least give you some basic data to get started with. I sent Berger an email and they were kind enough to send me an extended list
Man, that's just entitlement. Sorry. Do the research and figure it out like everyone else does, or wait for it to come out in the next manual. Or, pay the $1 and download the cartridge from the online book. The notion of "well berger gave it to me for free so Hornady should too" is ridiculous.

It's not difficult to figure out. Just take the data from another 120 class bullet start lower and work up
This ^

Also i neither for nor against hornady in general but God bless 'em they still make some AFFORDABLE bullets for general purpose use that have largely remained AVAILABLE when everything else was gone.

Look at the price difference between hornady bullets and things like Barnes, Nosler, and Berger and yeah, for the price they're asking darn right the other guys can offer some free load data 🤣

I don't expect anything for free. Load data or not, I know people ask for pics of load data books on here all the time. I don't post pictures, I paid for the book and data. Don't expect free stuff.
Isn't that the problem you paid for the bullets but want the data for free . If you didn't expect it for free then there is no post and no bashing hornady for wanting to sell there product and information 😉