Irresponsible bullet manufacturers

How is that irresponsible? They're providing a service that you're paying for (bullet manufacturing). Why should load data (also a service) be free? It's cool when it is, but to call out a mfg for being "irresponsible" when they won't give you stuff for free seems pretty out of line to me. Go buy a Hornady load book like the rest of us did.
Got that right. Get few more reloading manuals too. The other I don't get throw out my old manual either. I update every few years or as needed.

You saved me from digging mine out lol. Good on you for helping him rather than criticizing him for not spending $30 on a dang book. I don't get what the big deal is, I paid for my books cause I like having them. I don't mind helping other people out with pictures and info. In particularly the people that only load a very select few cartridges. Everyone in the family knows they can use mine.
I think the issue is in the presentation (at least for me). If he came on and said "hey folks, does anyone have load data for _____, I'd sure appreciate it" the response would be much different than it was. But, coming in and throwing a fit about how bad Hornady is for not giving stuff out really comes across different.

I think the issue is in the presentation (at least for me). If he came on and said "hey folks, does anyone have load data for _____, I'd sure appreciate it" the response would be much different than it was. But, coming in and throwing a fit about how bad Hornady is for not giving stuff out really comes across different.
This!

Yep there's a difference between asking for help, or even expressing frustration about something, and calling a company "irresponsible" for not doing what you think they should.

"I didn't get my way, no fair!!!"

I buy the Annual Manual every year also. One thing i have Noticed is the Absence of Loads for Several Popular Rifles such as 270WSM
Sierra generally have the largest amout of reloading info. Not all, but most. That's why it requires different manuals. I have manual for the late 50's. Not many. I started in the early 60's to reload.

At the end of the day Hornady does makes a good product that's been available and a reasonably priced heck my local gun store is actually had some of their stuff on sale like three to five bucks off per hundred. So yeah they have been the ones creating some of the new and improved designs . So they try to get you to purchase their reloading manuals

The title of the post is what hooked me. Since we're talking about bullets and reloaders it's always been the responsibility of the handloader to purchase a load manual to get load data. Now the handloader can choose not to get the load data, but that solely up to the person dong the handloader. If they choose to go that route then it's the handloader's responsibility to deal with the outcome. Just my opinion.

Totally fair, I get it.

Exactly! I missed this post but it sums it up for me.

This reminds me of a couple of old geezers complaining about the price of a powder at my local Scheels being $1 more expensive than where they are from. LOL, they just traveled 90 miles one way.
Dad always goes to the cheapest gas station, even if it's $0.02/gal cheaper. So 15 gal you're saving $0.30, is it worth driving across town to save that? Even at 10¢ per gallon it's only $1.50. can't buy a candy bar for that it seems.