Found Primers but are they too much $$$

ugh that .16 for mag primers
i just cant bring myself to it
I'm sorry but can't understand how .10 cents a piece is ok but .16 cents is too expensive. After spending 1000's on rifle and scope and then not wanting to spend a extra .06 cents a shot?
I know we're getting gouged but I'm not going to quit shooting or buying for a few pennies a shot. Just my thoughts on buying or not buying components.

I'm sorry but can't understand how .10 cents a piece is ok but .16 cents is too expensive. After spending 1000's on rifle and scope and then not wanting to spend a extra .06 cents a shot?
I know we're getting gouged but I'm not going to quit shooting or buying for a few pennies a shot. Just my thoughts on buying or not buying components.
because i dont need them that bad, i can wait
just a comment and my personal opinion, not sure why the hostility

For EXAMPLE not true costs for vast majority but for demonstration purposes. Just remember does not include HAZMAT, shipping and taxes.

Example cost per round. Do YOUR own math on your specific costs.
.16 - primer
1.00 - bullet
.50-1.00 - powder
Brass wholly dependent on variables
The cost will NOT be better tomorrow.

Just a thought on cost per round GENERALLY not specific but end of day primer is still by far the cheapest cost and I will not let a couple Pennie's per round difference prevent me from buying primers. Funny, cost of primers is big deal but buying brass at $200/100 is no big deal. If you got 10x on brass still .20/shot. Most zoom zoom cartridges will not get 10x firings on brass. 🤷🏻‍♂️$500/8lb after HAZMAT doesn't prevent shooting? So 112gr/$1.00 so maybe 2 loads = 56gr/.50. Obviously shooting big bore is another level. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Pay it don't play. The primer is still lowest cost of round by far. Buy premium factory hunting or target ammo? Prob $50-$80/box. $2.50-$4.00/round. Plus availability is always questionable. Reloading still better in many ways.

If you haven't signed up for every website primer notification to provide opportunity, you are outside looking in.

ugh that .16 for mag primers
i just cant bring myself to it
I hear you and I have changed the amount I will spend. Been through several of the current mess at a much lower level/time. I was so much in denial of how long or bad this round was going to be. I turned down 5K Win209 primers for $60/1K and lots of others in the same range. Now $65/1K for S Rifle/Pistol I buy one or two a month. My limit really depends on the primers now. If I saw certain primers $100 or maybe even more I would more than not buy them!

because i dont need them that bad, i can wait
just a comment and my personal opinion, not sure why the hostility
No hostility meant. By all means if you are well stocked there's no reason to buy. I was just making the point that 6 cents a shot isn't much. As far as waiting to buy, I really don't see the prices getting down to pre Covid levels so I purchase occasionally to keep my stock up.

No hostility meant. By all means if you are well stocked there's no reason to buy. I was just making the point that 6 cents a shot isn't much. As far as waiting to buy, I really don't see the prices getting down to pre Covid levels so I purchase occasionally to keep my stock up.
yep it just felt that way
i can find LR pretty regular at my local bass pro at msrp but mags are harder to source
but to me that $60 can be put into another component. i try to be as frugal as i can, shopping multiple places. checking hazmat if needed, shipping and if they charge tax and trying to get the best deal for my money.
right now im just looking to stock on mags so i am "patiently" waiting for (hopefully) a better price

Republic Ammunition LLC 🤷🏻‍♂️seems ok. Payment methods CC not digital.

Oh yea, both times I ordered as well as friends, we got what we paid for. The unis primers failure rate I'd put at 1 in 200 maybe 300. I've never had a cci to fail. I was just a little angry at the price but I'm about over it now. Still aint buying from them.

anyone used the ginex or fiocchi before?
I've used the ginex. Failure rate 1 in 2 or 300 in more than 1 rifle. Cups seem much harder than cci, not nearly as uniform size, maybe 1 in 20 very difficult to seat.
But for the price I could buy for 6 months ago, that was acceptable.

I remember after Sandy Hook being shocked to see a brick of Federal 210's at $72.00/box. Now, "I call that a Bargain….The Best I Ever Had"
Agreed! All of us would like to see it back down, but it will never go down to the levels most of us were accustomed to. That is why I responded as such in #42.
1704634149580.png

So I made my road trip to couple of LGS stores I have built relationships with. One of key points is I pay cash which helps them avoid the 4% CC fee which they appreciate.

So what did I pick up?
Remington 91/2 LRM brick = $89
Winchester WLP brick = $89
Alliant RL 15.5 = $59.99 holy cow!!!'
H4350 = $59.99
RWS no. 11 percussion caps = $31.99/250 tin

So prices ok by today's standards, no HAZMAT, no shipping. Round trip 239 miles @22.5 mpg. Little over $30 in gas. Retired, my time is whatever plus was fun. Lots of small pistol and small rifle primers. One of the shops was getting powder in as I was cashing out. Primers are showing up. Powder showing up. Best part of trip is knowing not one cent to online rapist.

IMG_2761.jpeg

Recent Posts