Disappointed in non-resident hunters

Yes and we have a shortage off elk here in NWest, and then to many cats,grizz and wolf.Hard to even see a wolf here acres of thick timber.

Rarely do we encounter residents in most of the western states we hunt. I've personally seen more residents/locals act rediculous than non residents. That's not the rule, its just my observations. I've always said we should be cautious of the plight we bestow on the non-residents. They are more or less the ones carrying the revenue burdens that allow residents practically free admission to hunt any of the major undgulate species. They pay millions in liscensing and outfitter fees and revenue associated with traveling to and from these tiny communities they hunt near every year.

One could argue they help put food on the industries tables. Gotta take some bad with the good though cuz not all NR are worthy of this praise.

Rarely do we encounter residents in most of the western states we hunt. I've personally seen more residents/locals act rediculous than non residents. That's not the rule, its just my observations. I've always said we should be cautious of the plight we bestow on the non-residents. They are more or less the ones carrying the revenue burdens that allow residents practically free admission to hunt any of the major undgulate species. They pay millions in liscensing and outfitter fees and revenue associated with traveling to and from these tiny communities they hunt near every year.

One could argue they help put food on the industries tables. Gotta take some bad with the good though cuz not all NR are worthy of this praise.
Nice post,I agree .

the very worst hunters i have ever seen was two clowns that were residents of Montana ,jumping in front of hunters leaving a small bull elk lay there bloated for hours in a field ,even the game warden gave them heck . my son head 4 legal bulls coming right to him and these two clowns ran ahead and ruined his chance and some other hunters seen it and also yelled at these clowns one had a white hat on on ground with no snow. what a joke i have seen more resident idiots than out of state hunters ,probably happens because the residents get a cheap license and they live there ,non-resident paid plenty money for travel ,equipment and license so percentage wise you see better hunters with respect for other hunters .

I did not read all the posts. It is human nature to want to blame someone and most love to complain too. The "Non Residents are horrible" is common everywhere. Pennsylvanians complain about Ohioans, Georgians love to complain about Alabamians, Arizonans complain about Californians etc. Every state has their favorite other state to blame. There are just as many, if not more, slob residents and probably more good nonresidents. One tends to "see" one group and miss the other. If you want nonresidents gone, then be prepared for your licenses fees to be about double the current nonresident rate. Nonresidents funds a lot of what you get to take advantage of all year.

Your choice is simple. Use the TIP line. Get the slobs, no matter where they are from, to pay extra. They will either contribute more or go away. I despise slobs no matter where they are from.

the very worst hunters i have ever seen was two clowns that were residents of Montana ,jumping in front of hunters leaving a small bull elk lay there bloated for hours in a field ,even the game warden gave them heck . my son head 4 legal bulls coming right to him and these two clowns ran ahead and ruined his chance and some other hunters seen it and also yelled at these clowns one had a white hat on on ground with no snow. what a joke i have seen more resident idiots than out of state hunters ,probably happens because the residents get a cheap license and they live there ,non-resident paid plenty money for travel ,equipment and license so percentage wise you see better hunters with respect for other hunters .
i've seen is both ways. I have over the years clean up a many a camp site to start with, and at the time I leave it. All you'll will see the campfire ring. If there firewood it would be stack. All trash that wouldn't burn is hauled out to a dumpsite, and deposited their.
There is far to many **** Hunters out there.

I did not read all the posts. It is human nature to want to blame someone and most love to complain too. The "Non Residents are horrible" is common everywhere. Pennsylvanians complain about Ohioans, Georgians love to complain about Alabamians, Arizonans complain about Californians etc. Every state has their favorite other state to blame. There are just as many, if not more, slob residents and probably more good nonresidents. One tends to "see" one group and miss the other. If you want nonresidents gone, then be prepared for your licenses fees to be about double the current nonresident rate. Nonresidents funds a lot of what you get to take advantage of all year.

Your choice is simple. Use the TIP line. Get the slobs, no matter where they are from, to pay extra. They will either contribute more or go away. I despise slobs no matter where they are from.
More than happy to pay more for less people in the field of any kind! Next will be traffic lights and crossing guards on BLM and Forest Service roads just to direct traffic

More than happy to pay more for less people in the field of any kind! Next will be traffic lights and crossing guards on BLM and Forest Service roads just to direct traffic
More? How much more are you willing to pay? Would you pay $1200-1500 (or more) for a liscense and just a deer and elk tag for your home state? This doesn't allow you to hunt much else by the way. This would likely cost you a lot more since it seems overcrowding is what you're after? Reduce tag quotas, kick out NRs and that's going to directly affect your pocket as a resident. The revenue is going to have to be made up somewhere for the lack of funds from reduced tag quotas and NR fees....

More? How much more are you willing to pay? Would you pay $1200-1500 (or more) for a liscense and just a deer and elk tag for your home state? This doesn't allow you to hunt much else by the way. This would likely cost you a lot more since it seems overcrowding is what you're after? Reduce tag quotas, kick out NRs and that's going to directly affect your pocket as a resident. The revenue is going to have to be made up somewhere for the lack of funds from reduced tag quotas and NR fees....
Yep

Less hunters is mean even higher fees. Would you enjoy paying $700 for a deer or antelope tag? How abour $1400 for an elk tag?Hunting would become a rich man's sport even more than it is now.

If you hunt on public land, be ready to deal with the public. It is an unreasonable expectaion to believe every other hunter meets your standards. Like I wrote earlier, I despise slobs and the best way to deal with them is to turn them in. It is a waste of time and energy to complain but do nothing about it.

Less hunters is mean even higher fees. Would you enjoy paying $700 for a deer or antelope tag? How abour $1400 for an elk tag?Hunting would become a rich man's sport even more than it is now.

If you hunt on public land, be ready to deal with the public. It is an unreasonable expectaion to believe every other hunter meets your standards. Like I wrote earlier, I despise slobs and the best way to deal with them is to turn them in. It is a waste of time and energy to complain but do nothing about it.
I pay more than that to hunt New Zealand and Africa!

I pay more than that to hunt New Zealand and Africa!

If you can afford it, buy your own land and use it as you see fit. Seriously not trying to be snide. NR revenue is 2/3 of the revenue generated by hunters in Wyoming. Residents are only contribute 1/3. I would venture a guess that it would decrease the ability for most hunters to afford a tag driving tag fees much higher. It may be a solution you prefer but many others would not be able to afford this great, healthy pastime called hunting.

Hey, I understand your frustration. It sucks that someone started hunting the same BLM land as you were, but BLM land is owned by every US citizen, not just the people that live in "your" state. Might be starting a bit of a fight here, but I live in AK where most of the land is federal and owned by all of us, and that same thing happens here all the time. You try and talk with people and work it out, but sometimes people just don't care. They're going to do want they want. The whole issues with the fires is on a different level, you should have reported them.
There is (or used to be) such a thing as etiquette and decency.