Cat owners vs dog owners.

The day a cat almost sh!ts herself every day when I get home from work because she's so happy to see me, or hobbles her 14 year old arthritic arse into the living room on a cold winter morning so she can sit at my feet is the day I'll consider owning one.
Our Feline kids do just that!!! I was always on schedule work hours and had the cats waiting in the windowsills for me to show up. Now that I don't work except for me and Jill the cats line up at 5:10PM for her to arrive at 5:15PM
We also have a few the will wake us up right before our regular alarm go off.

The day a cat almost sh!ts herself every day when I get home from work because she's so happy to see me, or hobbles her 14 year old arthritic arse into the living room on a cold winter morning so she can sit at my feet is the day I'll consider owning one.
Man, you missed the memo. Nobody owns cats. You're allowed to remain in their presence and serve them . Just proves that God has a sense of humor. You are inline waiting to see St. Peter for admission into heaven and you hear the person in front of you being asked, How did you like living with house cats, they are Gods favorite animal.

I have a long history with cats. My cats greeted me at the front door and drape themselves over my body if allowed. My best cat was orange with a white tip tail. We only had one problem - that was when he peed on a take-off stainless barrel causing minor surface pitting. We left our family member cat at a boarding kennel; the staff loved him and allowed him free access to all spaces. Our cat family member sat at the owner/manager's desk & greeted human customers, providing assurance that their pet would be happy & well cared for. I miss him hugely - should he still be with us I would like to see him get a MBA degree.

Living in the country I don't care for cats at all! They kill lots of ground nesting birds I rank them with youts and shoot on sight!
one year I got 13 from one big hay field! for the last 5o years I have had Pit Bulls and they do a good job on cats coons possums groundhogs
meth heads. The best dogs ever! If they can catch it they can kill it! And the Quail love me!
I'm with ya, 1/4 mile from a house or a collar. I've smoked a few turkey hunting, dang feral cats come to turkey calls!!! And Pit Bulls are mini Mastiffs, WONDERFUL breed of dog. We've had English Mastiffs for 39 years, If we were to ever have another breed it'd be Staffordshire Terriers (pit bulls)... I've had one female kill 11 rats one summer out of my garden. Dunno how she got em but she did, not one had skin broken but they were like a zip-lock bag full of water, she must have just mauled em and stomped on em with those ginormous paws...

My cat meets me at the door almost every night and is the smartest cat Ive ever seen or had she can shake sit and show me her foot on command. The vet refers to her as the smart cat.
I found her starving to death she was infected in the back and weighed 2.5 lbs and now she is 9lbs.
I had a Siamese that was born from a Calico. It looked & acted just like a Siamese cat even though it was born from a Calico. And this cat would fetch, play dead, when I said bang, answer the phone, old ringer phone, give paw, and sat at the door waiting for me to come home. This cat did more tricks than my Chow Chow. She wanted nothing to do with tricks. Unless it was to make a cat disappear.

When my wife and I started dating, her kids had a couple of cats.
One would go outside to go. She had trained him to ring a small bell that she'd hung on a string on a door when he needed to go out.
He'd go outside and take care of business, then hang out for awhile before coming back in.
I can't stand catboxes, so I loved that cat. Haven't had another indoor cat since he and his sister passed.
My cousins cats would go to the door also. The y learned from his dog though.

I'm with ya, 1/4 mile from a house or a collar. I've smoked a few turkey hunting, dang feral cats come to turkey calls!!! And Pit Bulls are mini Mastiffs, WONDERFUL breed of dog. We've had English Mastiffs for 39 years, If we were to ever have another breed it'd be Staffordshire Terriers (pit bulls)... I've had one female kill 11 rats one summer out of my garden. Dunno how she got em but she did, not one had skin broken but they were like a zip-lock bag full of water, she must have just mauled em and stomped on em with those ginormous paws...
I know that there have been some issues with some pit bulls. I`d bet dollars to donuts that if you explored those stories in depth you`d find a dog that was screwed up by an idiot human. I`ve been around a number of pits and yes, I was in danger. In danger of being licked to death!

I know that there have been some issues with some pit bulls. I`d bet dollars to donuts that if you explored those stories in depth you`d find a dog that was screwed up by an idiot human. I`ve been around a number of pits and yes, I was in danger. In danger of being licked to death!
Most the pitbulls Ive been around are more afraid of you and are very good dogs.
I would be more afraid of some of those little sneaky dogs than a pitbull.

Dogs and cats are in some ways like people. Their personalities and behavior can vary. Environment and life experiences can have a big impact on how they turn out. Mental illness can also play a big part. The predator instincts in cats has been much more pronounced than dogs in my experience. We spoil our dogs. Every dog we have ever had has been showered with affection. They have all reciprocated that affection.