Cat owners vs dog owners.

My cat meets me at the door almost every night and is the smartest cat Ive ever seen or had she can shake sit and show me her foot on command. The vet refers to her as the smart cat.
I found her starving to death she was infected in the back and weighed 2.5 lbs and now she is 9lbs.

Not sure how many barn cats are here, but plentiful.
They live outside, and hunt rodents for food.
We also have dogs, 9 now, as recently we got a new puppy.
The dogs mostly just run free, and while some technically have owners, they are just happy to see anyone who lives here. Because they have formed their own pack so to speak, they also have a hierarchy among themselves.
The dogs are super friendly to me, the barn cats would rather claw my eyes out if I was to try and touch them.
I think it's good for farm dogs to have cats like that around…to put the fear of God into them!!!! 🤣

Growing up we had such a cat.,.her name was "Scandal" because it seemed she was always pregnant! 🤣. Anyway, she was friendly with humans and absolutely hated dogs…and not defensively! Offensively! As in she would be on the attack if one got too close to her. I witnessed her leap onto our young and stupid black lab's back once when he was pushing his luck and somehow hang on while he ran around howling and shrieking in terror and pain as she lacerated both of his big floppy ears with her claws. It was hilarious and terrifying….and bloody.

He never went near a cat again tho…until he got old and senile and forgot I guess. She was long dead by then.

My cat meets me at the door almost every night and is the smartest cat Ive ever seen or had she can shake sit and show me her foot on command. The vet refers to her as the smart cat.
I found her starving to death she was infected in the back and weighed 2.5 lbs and now she is 9lbs.
When my wife and I started dating, her kids had a couple of cats.
One would go outside to go. She had trained him to ring a small bell that she'd hung on a string on a door when he needed to go out.
He'd go outside and take care of business, then hang out for awhile before coming back in.
I can't stand catboxes, so I loved that cat. Haven't had another indoor cat since he and his sister passed.

1698673098718.png

Good on you for taking her in and giving her a good home. I`m a dog person through and through, but NO animal should be made to needlessly suffer from neglect. I have no way of knowing for sure (yet), but I think (hope) God notices that kind of thing.

Living in the country I don't care for cats at all! They kill lots of ground nesting birds I rank them with youts and shoot on sight!
one year I got 13 from one big hay field! for the last 5o years I have had Pit Bulls and they do a good job on cats coons possums groundhogs
meth heads. The best dogs ever! If they can catch it they can kill it! And the Quail love me!

Last edited: