Bullet for mule deer hunt

haisardao

Would you have any concern using a 245 Berger Elite Hunter bullet out of a 300 Norma on Mulies? What I'm worried is failure to expand as it's a pretty heavy for caliber bullet hitting a not too bulky animal. Appreciate the input.

Would you have any concern using a 245 Berger Elite Hunter bullet out of a 300 Norma on Mulies? What I'm worried is failure to expand as it's a pretty heavy for caliber bullet hitting a not too bulky animal. Appreciate the input.
Should work just fine...and you can eat right up to the hole on both sides!

Wow, I had to look it up and I live in MT.Your barely in the state, but I hear they get some good deer in those remote east side areas.I missed some real great speed goats with my 257 wby, where I shot across coulee, used my wind meter.But much stronger wind in coulee, went to my 338 NM and really cut down on that.

I've used 300 gr accubonds out of a .338 RUM on a couple of doe antelope. They died quick. Doesn't sound like you're going to be in thick timber either, so if you send it through their lungs and they do a death sprint, so what? Your set up will work great and should help to buck the wind out there.

I've used 300 gr accubonds out of a .338 RUM on a couple of doe antelope. They died quick. Doesn't sound like you're going to be in thick timber either, so if you send it through their lungs and they do a death sprint, so what? Your set up will work great and should help to buck the wind out there.
Thanks! I'm traumatized by the mesquite and Cedar I deal with where I hunt in West Texas 🤣. If you don't drop them a whole world of pain begins