Boudin balls and egg rolls

BEEMAN

First time making this and it turned out ok. Not as good as what I've eaten in Louisiana. But for a Canadian who can't get south every year this will have to do.

Attachments

• DFA54A19-C946-4C3A-BC3C-73EE2B775992.jpeg
    DFA54A19-C946-4C3A-BC3C-73EE2B775992.jpeg
    312.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 0DA852EB-7E8F-4AE8-95CE-09668A948466.jpeg
    0DA852EB-7E8F-4AE8-95CE-09668A948466.jpeg
    259.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 73D8D497-3327-4CF9-B218-6631239B6CB9.jpeg
    73D8D497-3327-4CF9-B218-6631239B6CB9.jpeg
    246.4 KB · Views: 44
  • 67492F3E-6790-467E-B79C-B3689DDF65E5.jpeg
    67492F3E-6790-467E-B79C-B3689DDF65E5.jpeg
    218.6 KB · Views: 39
First time making this and it turned out ok. Not as good as what I've eaten in Louisiana. But for a Canadian who can't get south every year this will have to do.
I know the real thing too being from Louisiana. I go back about once or twice a year and I eat all the Cajun food I can during that time.

Next time try stuffing a Cornish hen with two or three of those boudin balls and then deep fry….oh boy!

Never had them before, but bet ya I'll be making some Boudin Sauage (alligator, fish, pork, frog, season) the next few weeks and then making the Balls with flour, egg, Panko and deep fry.
Thanks for posting!

They look good, how would I go about making them?
Lots of people make them from scratch I'm sure. I ordered a spice pack from Walton's Inc. which does a 25 lb batch. I watched lots of YouTube videos how to make Boudin.

For the balls I did a basic breading station. Roll the balls into flour, then into an egg wash and into the breading. I double dipped. So after the first breading, back into the egg and then into the Panko again. Put them into the freezer to firm up and then vacuum packed, so they wouldn't squish.

I know the real thing too being from Louisiana. I go back about once or twice a year and I eat all the Cajun food I can during that time.

Next time try stuffing a Cornish hen with two or three of those boudin balls and then deep fry….oh boy!
A friend of mine had some stuffed chickens with Boudin a few years ago. They were incredible!! When I go down south it is definitely not good for my waistline!! So much great food.

If your ever around lafayette look up nunu's. Best boudin. Their seasoning is really good as well. Jerry Lee's in Baton Rouge is good as well. They might actually ship you some frozen overnight but I'm sure it would be expensive.

If your ever around lafayette look up nunu's. Best boudin. Their seasoning is really good as well. Jerry Lee's in Baton Rouge is good as well. They might actually ship you some frozen overnight but I'm sure it would be expensive.
I know Jerry Lees very well. I think they make the most traditional tasting boudin like I remember my grandparents and that generation made way back when. And, their cracklin ain't too bad either.

With a user name like that I'll trust your judgment, that's for sure. As much work as this was I think I may just order a case some time. It also wasn't cheap by the time I bought the vegetables, egg rolls wrappers, and Panko. I did use 50/50 pork and moose to make these.

I'm only 15 miles off the ND border and have stuff shipped to a depot there frequently. So pick up wouldn't be a problem and shipping would still be in The U.S. I do fly into Baton Rouge sometimes and will check that place out. Spend most of my time around the Natchez and Vadalia area.

Try Billy's Boudin and Cracklins too. My favorite Boudin Balls and Cracklins. Boudin is... ok.
Google it. They will ship as well.

Billy's Truck Stop in Krotz Springs, great Boudin Balls. But pretty much anyone in that general area, Billy's, Best Stop, Prejean's have excellent Boudin

Making me hungry
Yep... That's one of his stores! All three you mentioned are very good. Karchner's in Krotz Springs and Carencro is also a new player with great boudin balls and cracklins as well!
Not a fan of Best Stop in Scott La. Lots of people like it, but too me it is over spiced with the red pepper.
That's how we like it!!
On Fire Cooking GIF by Busythings

😂 😂 😂