Applied Ballistics Mobile App

half of the new RDF bullets are in the update now , did the Litz team test out these BC's that you have in the bullet library or are you going by Nosler's data ?

We always test the information in our Lab. If its in the Books or the CDM Library its our numbers.

Hi Doc can you offer some advise thanks.
In the Edit ammunition page the Zero data always prepopulates with a weird Baro pressure of 29.92 and in my case hPa as that's the measure we use in NZ. Unless I click Enable Zero atmosphere this is not able to be changed. Why is this impossible data point always entered? If I don't correct this will it affect the outputs?

Thanks

Hi Doc can you offer some advise thanks.
In the Edit ammunition page the Zero data always prepopulates with a weird Baro pressure of 29.92 and in my case hPa as that's the measure we use in NZ. Unless I click Enable Zero atmosphere this is not able to be changed. Why is this impossible data point always entered? If I don't correct this will it affect the outputs?

Thanks

If you do not have zero atmosphere checked or turned on, it doesn't matter. 29.92 is standard sea level pressure. It won't have any effect as long as its turned off (not checked).

Why are you not rolling back the updates to a revision level prior to when the problem started?

I ended up finding you temp fix video. Disregard original post.

Last edited:
Why are you not rolling back the updates to a revision level prior to when the problem started?

I ended up finding you temp fix video. Disregard original post.

Because we actually have a working version internally, that is getting a library update and couple more additions. We will not be able to work on it this week, due to teaching all week. However we are 95% there.

Because we actually have a working version internally, that is getting a library update and couple more additions. We will not be able to work on it this week, due to teaching all week. However we are 95% there.

The app is still for sale on the App Store. Can you see where people might have a negative opinion of the way you are handling this issue? This issue is clearly in the "low priority " category.

if this was any kind of priority, it would have been done MONTHS ago. Maybe skip a week of 'teaching' and get done what has already been payed for. Seems to me an outfit would want to preserve their integrity, but that's just me....

So I have no idea of the specifics here with the AB app, but my wife is trying to roll out an app for the company that she works for (totally different industry), and she has gotten the runaround from the other company that is contracted to design/code the app for well over a year now. There are complications on both sides as there is a massive amount of complexity built into the app. One thing she cannot and will not do is complain to the customers about it.

I am seeing a lot of things in common here. And regardless of the details of who's to blame for the problems, I commend the AB folks for taking the high ground, not complaining and just trying their best with a very challenging problem.

I am waiting patiently for this AB app to get the kinks worked out for the iPhone, and once they do I'll definitely be buying it.

does your wife sell the apps before they're ready? Does she refund money, or pawn that responsibility off on the app store? how does SHE handle it when the bugs aren't worked out?

She works for a larger company and the marketing dept actually rolled out the app with an email to tens of thousands of customers that included a login link that didn't work. It was a complete nightmare with customers paying several hundred dollars a month and the problem is still not fixed... so it's much much worse than this.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.