Applied Ballistics Mobile App

Is this latest fix available for new iPhone customers as well, and are you confident that it will work great now?

^This is for iPhone. We had 20 BETA testers all confirm it worked well for them. If a customer does have any issues we suggest they contact us immediately so we can get a fix out.

I happened to check back here this morning just in case something had changed on this following a very frustrating weekend of shooting trying to get the app to work. I was just about to delete it for good......

Then this.

I updated the app. I knew that at least one of my profiles was calculating incorrect firing solutions when I had shut it off yesterday.

I went back to that exact gun/ammo/conditions profile and it was completely correct. The update didn't require me to re-enter anything, it just started to display correctly.

Which is very nice. I figured I was going to have to go back and start from scratch and it appears I will not.

I haven't confirmed that all issues I was having are corrected, (such as the 0.0 issue) but this is certainly a great start.

Thanks to all that helped get this back working properly.

I happened to check back here this morning just in case something had changed on this following a very frustrating weekend of shooting trying to get the app to work. I was just about to delete it for good......

Then this.

I updated the app. I knew that at least one of my profiles was calculating incorrect firing solutions when I had shut it off yesterday.

I went back to that exact gun/ammo/conditions profile and it was completely correct. The update didn't require me to re-enter anything, it just started to display correctly.

Which is very nice. I figured I was going to have to go back and start from scratch and it appears I will not.

I haven't confirmed that all issues I was having are corrected, (such as the 0.0 issue) but this is certainly a great start.

Thanks to all that helped get this back working properly.

Some users have required a clean install, but 90% of users (from looking at the Apple Developer Console) are running just fine without it. Glad it is working for you now. We do plan some more additions to the app.

I may have spoke too soon...

Although I didn't have to start from scratch and reload the entire app, as I was playing around with all the various gun/ammunition profiles I discovered that when I tried to get a solution for certain profiles, the app would simply quit/crash and go to my home screen.

Every time. If I clicked a load, it would bottom out and crash.

For those specific rifle/ammo combinations, when I recreated them it seemed to now work fine.

I mention it only so that someone doesn't think that just because it works for one of their profiles it will work for all of them without some re-entry of data. It was a lot easier and less frustrating re-entering the info sitting at my desk rather than out at the range laying on my belly in the sun.

I may have spoke too soon...

Although I didn't have to start from scratch and reload the entire app, as I was playing around with all the various gun/ammunition profiles I discovered that when I tried to get a solution for certain profiles, the app would simply quit/crash and go to my home screen.

Every time. If I clicked a load, it would bottom out and crash.

For those specific rifle/ammo combinations, when I recreated them it seemed to now work fine.

I mention it only so that someone doesn't think that just because it works for one of their profiles it will work for all of them without some re-entry of data. It was a lot easier and less frustrating re-entering the info sitting at my desk rather than out at the range laying on my belly in the sun.

One reason this can happen, is if the reticle doesn't populate when you websync. Double check to see if a reticle was selected in the profile.

Does anyone know how I can retrieve bullet profiles I have purchased?

I bought a new phone Motorola Z Force Droid and could not get AB transfered to new phone. I downloaded AB app again but when trying to select bullets they are not on list. I assume it is because I already purchased them. Any help would be appreciated!

Does anyone know how I can retrieve bullet profiles I have purchased?

I bought a new phone Motorola Z Force Droid and could not get AB transfered to new phone. I downloaded AB app again but when trying to select bullets they are not on list. I assume it is because I already purchased them. Any help would be appreciated!

There is a button on the main menu "Restore Purchases". This will retrieve the in app purchases as long as you are using the same google account for the app installation. AB Mobile App - Applied Ballistics LLC user guide has more details on this if you need them.

Doc, I went to AB app at the "Play Store" and it indicates the current version is 1.1.6 last updated June 5, 2015. Is this actually the most recent version for Droid?

Thanks Again, DocB

Correct yes, we have a new version in BETA, working out some new features before we release it.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.