Applied Ballistics Mobile App

Then take it down from the App Store till your ready to fix it , that's like going to an electronic store and buying a broken TV for full price . Don't make the app available to buy if it's not working correctly .

We are willing to fix it now. We have someone internally working on it all the time. I already have a new version on my phone. But we are trying to make absolutely certain this issue cannot be re-created which takes a lot of testing.

We are willing to fix it now. We have someone internally working on it all the time. I already have a new version on my phone. But we are trying to make absolutely certain this issue cannot be re-created which takes a lot of testing.

I don't care how you spin it. You continue to sell it. I didn't know anything about this problem having only visited the AB website and the App Store prior to purchase. Both places claim the apps suitability for a purpose and make no mention ongoing issues or efforts to fix. You are not helping the brand's otherwise great reputation.

Hello all - I don't regularly post to any of the forums but felt that it was time to start doing so, at least in this particular case. For those of you that are not familiar w/ my screen name, this is Nick Vitalbo. I am the chief engineer at Applied Ballistics. As of December, we have taken over development of the AB applications for both iOS and Android.

My team has collected all of the information that users have reported and corrected the known issues as well as updated the database to Bryan's latest. In doing so, we've also prepared the app to be able to work with the custom drag curves as well, though more work still does need to be done in that arena before I'm comfortable publishing it.

My team is currently working on testing the application. The latest BETA testing represents a vast improvement over the previous version. If you'd like to participate in the BETA testing, which would be very helpful to the team, please email me at [email protected].

I would prefer to have as many BETA testers as possible exercising the application to ensure that there are no remaining issues.

Please email any questions / comments regarding the latest version to that same email address: [email protected]

Thanks,

-Nick

Hi Doc I am hoping you can help. I have been setting up my rifles and ammo types in the app and have come across an irregularity in BC for the Sierra SMK168gr I am running in my 7mm Mag. On the Sierra bullet web site they list the G1 BC at between .484 and .494. When I add the bullet from the library in the app it comes up as .565 which is about 1m elevation difference at 1000m. Is there an explanation for this difference?

Many thanks
Jeremy

I'm new to this app, just bought it two days ago and have been playing around with it and have noticed some of the same issues others are having. Its a little frustrating seeing it cost money and doesn't work the way we thought it might. But IMO i think the product is a great product. The reason i think its so great is because of the team behind it. Every app out there has had updates to fix certain things and this is no different. I believe this to be a very complex app and bugs have to be expected. I have confidence they will work this out. I would consider our selves lucky that the customer support is so amazing. Name me another app manager that replies to trash talking on a forum?

Hi Doc I am hoping you can help. I have been setting up my rifles and ammo types in the app and have come across an irregularity in BC for the Sierra SMK168gr I am running in my 7mm Mag. On the Sierra bullet web site they list the G1 BC at between .484 and .494. When I add the bullet from the library in the app it comes up as .565 which is about 1m elevation difference at 1000m. Is there an explanation for this difference?

Many thanks
Jeremy

We do not use published numbers, we test them ourselves. Aside from that, you will also have lot variations.

I'm new to this app, just bought it two days ago and have been playing around with it and have noticed some of the same issues others are having. Its a little frustrating seeing it cost money and doesn't work the way we thought it might. But IMO i think the product is a great product. The reason i think its so great is because of the team behind it. Every app out there has had updates to fix certain things and this is no different. I believe this to be a very complex app and bugs have to be expected. I have confidence they will work this out. I would consider our selves lucky that the customer support is so amazing. Name me another app manager that replies to trash talking on a forum?

Thank you for your kind words. We are pretty close to a fixed version of the app as well, so hopefully you guys will have smooth sailing after this next update. Plus of course the library update that is already working in it!

https://www.facebook.com/AppliedBallisticsLLC/posts/1324140000981213

I've been using AB on my Android Motorola RAZR pretty much since AB hit the streets without issues. I keep it updated, read-read-reread then run simulations before sending rounds downrange. Granted I am not using a wildcat round or exotic custom chamber-barrel-action combination but I do reload and use Berger and Hornady heavy bullets so the info I require is readily available. AB definitely is not a "load and go" app, it requires the shooter to know how to use the information available to make correct inputs in order to get an accurate firing solution, and the shooter must have at least a rudimentary understanding of ballistics. IMHO, if you are using an unstable platform, ie an i-phone to run AB, you should expect some issues and be patient while they are researched and fixed. If you want a simple, minimalist ballistic app, there are several free ones out there, I would recommend Strelok if that is the way you want to go. But if you truly want to pursue long range first shot hits, you have time to study the literature and practice, and have the patience and willingness to research your inconsistent results in training with the app (gigo), then I highly and without reservation recommend AB. It works for me, it didn't the first few times, Doc helped me get my stuff straight and on track. Be knowledgeable, be patient, be persistent, be respectful, be deadly.

My two cents worth.

DocB

I have a question. Will the new update be able to connect a kestrel 4500nv with Bluetooth to the app. Or is there a way I can do that now?

Only on Android, the old 4000 models are not iPhone compatible.

If I purchased the applied ballistic app for my iPhone but I have a Samsung tablet is there anyway of getting the app on the tablet with out purchasing it again?

If I purchased the applied ballistic app for my iPhone but I have a Samsung tablet is there anyway of getting the app on the tablet with out purchasing it again?

It is not possible to transfer the app from one platform to another. They are essentially different apps, on different systems.

Hmmmm....I purchased the iPhone version when it was first released back in 2014. I run in metric mode and the shortcomings of AB to handle this, even though it was said to do so, were immediately obvious. I reported this at once, along with a bunch of other weird issues. These have not been addressed as yet - 2.5 years later.

BTW, the Ballistic Calculator on the AB website allows metric input but returns a range card with the distances in metres, as desired, but the velocities in fps and energy in ft-lbs. Go Figure!

No wonder i stick with Shooter.

Cheers

AB Mobile iOS (Apple)*Update!

IMG_0156.png

I want to start off by thanking all of our BETA testers, and our users who were patient with us while we sorted out this application. AB Mobile iOS has been fixed, and will be available to you shortly.

This version has already been submitted to Apple and approved. You should start seeing the update hit your devices in the immediate future.

Additions:
1) Has the new library: http://www.appliedballisticsllc.com/Downloads/Complete CDM Library 11Dec2016.pdf
2) Added March and Bushnell Reticles, and put in proper markings and sub tensions.

Bug Fixes:
1) Fixed the 0.0 and broken firing solution for some users.
2) Fixed G1/G7 Bug.
3) All known fire control issues have been resolved.
4) Fixed Websync Bugs
5) Fixed DA to 3 decimal places
6) Fixed Mover Direction error
7) Fixed Aerodynamic Jump error some users were experiencing
8) Eliminated Banded BCs

Link To App: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/applied-ballistics/id785619104?mt=8

This update also lays the foundation for some upcoming advancements, including the use of CDMs, and a couple other new features.

If you have any issues with this current version, please provide as much detail as you can to [email protected]

AB Android version is currently in BETA Testing. I will push out a notification when that version releases.

Is this latest fix available for new iPhone customers as well, and are you confident that it will work great now?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.