Anyone from pa

I lived near Bethlehem and went to school in California PA. I hunted south of Bethlehem and sometimes my uncle took me up to the Poconos. My old hunting grounds are now developed with hi end homes. Too bad, it was a nice spot.

I'm in Bozeman now and the hunting and fishing out here is great. I have the opportunity to shoot up to 3 antelope, 2 or more deer an elk and draw possibilities for sheep, goat and moose, but the odds are high. When opening morning of the general season comes you here an occasional shot but no war. Opening morning of antelope in some areas will have some gunfire but not like PA was or is.

Where are you located and how is the hunting for you?

Hey Montana...I live in a little town about 5 miles up the river from California, PA.In fact I went to college there as well........Being a "local" I still hunt alot of farms around here....as a matter of fact 4 years ago I shot a 142 about 2 miles from where we went to school! Still alot of good hunting here and south in greene county BUT if you were not born and raised here and know somebody you are not getting on!

Howdy Ackleyguy, Actually I met a young guy out here who is from near Brownsville. His folks (I met them too) have a small farm out there, but I don't know him well enough to ask to hunt out there and who knows when I wiuld ever make it back.

Yeah, that is some good deer country out there. Was your buck a 10 pt?

I graduated in 79 and played rugby at Cal, how about you?

Graduated in 85.....mostly played at Sepesys bar!lol.....The town I live in is Charleroi.....I actually lease 60 acres to hunt on outside of Brownsville...in Grindstone........you ever get back this way u got a place to hunt! Actually it was a 10 but there was a Bigger buck that I chased that year in archery..not sure how big but over 150 i would say...I think somebody poached him...he just disappered....any if somebody would have shot him or hit him with a car...most likley woulda heard about it

Small world, I graduated from CUP a couple of years ago too. Still live close by, but work in Kittanning, PA. Ackleyguy, you don't think anyone in Fayette County would be out poaching trophy Whitetail, do you? You are right though about knowing someone here, the posting keeps getting worse, especially in Greene.

Last edited:
WOW,

Really small world. I work for the Snyder family. They still have the gravel/aggregate business, and have added cement, coal, oil and gas, and other stuff, but those are the biggies.

MontanaRifleman, you're originally from a little out of my range. I'm from a small town just northwest of Harrisburg.

Do you know any good real estate agents? I'm looking to eventually move out there sometime. Too much good hunting ground is getting posted around here and prices for land are skyrocketing. Harrisburg's encroaching on our farmland.

How did you find your way out there? Job?

MontanaRifleman, you're originally from a little out of my range. I'm from a small town just northwest of Harrisburg.

Do you know any good real estate agents? I'm looking to eventually move out there sometime. Too much good hunting ground is getting posted around here and prices for land are skyrocketing. Harrisburg's encroaching on our farmland.

How did you find your way out there? Job?

PM Sent

LYMAN RELOADING EQUIPMENT
Lyman Pro 500 scale BRAND NEW. 40.00 FOR IT . Lyman NO.55 POWDER THROW. I PUT IT ON MY BENCH AND TOOK IT OFF THE NEXT DAY. I WOULD LIKE 60.00 THEY RUN 76.00 "NEW". . I GOT BOTH THESE ITEMS WITH THE LYMAN KIT. PRO SERIES RELOADING EQUIPMENT. 814-941-9026