Any Gunwerks Clymer Owners?

I bought a Clymr in 6.5 PRC and took it to NZ this past year. Great rifle and great caliber. I have to think the 7SAUM would be just awesome for a sheep rifle. The OP said Sheep Hunt in 2024 so I am assuming he has not gone yet but would love to know how the rifle is working out.

Looks like I'm lucky and going to be able to do a sheep hunt for my 40th in 2024. I'm strongly considering selling a few rifles to fund a new rifle for the trip. Whatever I buy and take on the trip will become an heirloom because I keep rifles I take on special trips like that. I'm very tempted to get a Clymer in 7 rem mag as a do it all type rifle. I'd love to hear some opinions from people who own them or have shot them. The bare rifle with titanium action is around the same price as other high end sheep rifles. Thanks!
I bought a Gunwerks 6.5 PRC Clymer for my Dall sheep hunt. I love everything about it except the stock. I wish it had an adjustable cheek riser.
I think GW now offers one, but it would be expensive for me to switch ($1500?)
It for sure is a precision rifle.

The new stock process dropped almost a half pound! The ClymR is light! 7 SAUM is a handful, but right on if you might want a moose/bear or get an opportunity way out there on a big mtn caribou.
Was just looking at one of these yesterday… Will pair nice with the Nexus I bought after you sold me on Gunwerks rifles at one of your LRU antelope hunts!

Received my Clymer in 7 Saum this winter. Titanium action and the Kahles 318i. I think she will shoot for my Dall Hunt in 26. GW ammo. Whole rig weighed in at 7.75.

Attachments

• IMG_6765.jpeg
    IMG_6765.jpeg
    207.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_6762.jpeg
    IMG_6762.jpeg
    262.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_6764.jpeg
    IMG_6764.jpeg
    286.3 KB · Views: 23
Well, bought my Clymr on Friday. 6.5 PRC Ti with the Forest green stock. Have a Nightforce NXS compact 2.5-10x40 for it with a G7 reticle. Should be right around 7 lbs and be deadly out to 5/600 yds.

For everything bigger than deer or further, I've got a Nexus in 300 PRC with more magnification. Pretty much my ideal 2 rifle hunting setup. What's yours?

I bought a used GW 6.5 PRC Clymr. I haven't shot it much yet but it likes factory 143gr ELDX. Its not as light as I thought it would be but its a solid rifle. I plan to reload this summer for it.

I bought a used GW 6.5 PRC Clymr. I haven't shot it much yet but it likes factory 143gr ELDX. Its not as light as I thought it would be but its a solid rifle. I plan to reload this summer for it.
About 2 years ago we changed the barrel contour to the new C20 (.750 muzzle diameter) this dropped about 8 ounces. One year ago, we changed the stock process and dropped another 8 ounces.

Today's Clymr is almost too light!

I picked up the older Clymer version in 6.5 PRC also and the new Magnus is lighter than the old Clymer. But shoots the 147 factory ELDM very well.

Aaron,

Do you guys plan to open up the component Clymr stock orders again?
They are live for sale again. Looks like I need to update some language, but you can checkout.

The caveat. This is a real gunsmith install. We can't do the "tang blow-out" style that you get with most Rem clones, you have to hand fit the last 0.050" around the tang, and we leave a little extra at the bolt notch to allow precise fitting. Then you have to glue the block in with your barreled action.

We can install for you, but you know we don't work cheap!

About 2 years ago we changed the barrel contour to the new C20 (.750 muzzle diameter) this dropped about 8 ounces. One year ago, we changed the stock process and dropped another 8 ounces.

Today's Clymr is almost too light!
Can you share what changed with the stocks and what the expected weight range is with the updated design? Sounds like it should be down in the 24-26oz range instead of the 32-34oz range unless I misinterpreted your one year ago change comment.